excursions from MSC or outside source

mysweetsmile03

Hello

I will cruising with my husband on seascape November 4 2023 to ocho rios, cayman, Cozumel.  Anyone have suggestions on great excursions?  Is it best to book through the cruise or outside source.  We were thinking of doing horseback riding in cayman but not offered by MSC, any suggestions, comment, recommendations would be welcome.

Thank you so much

57 minutes ago, mysweetsmile03 said:

thank you so much.  have you done any of these?  also how much do I need to worry if booking outside cruise line about missing the ship or a detoured port because of weather?

I've not done any of these.   Grand Cayman is a tender port so there's a better chance of missing it or getting ashore late if you don't have priority tendering, but most excursion companies have a pretty liberal cancellation policy in the case of the ship missing the port.  On the return side, none of them would survive long if they made a cruise passenger miss the ship.

Look at their reviews on TripAdvisor.   If you click on their company name you can expand their details to usually find a direct web address and contact information where you can specify your concerns.   I highly recommend doing this rather than booking through 3rd party like Viator or even TripAdvisor.