Morella Discovery 2, Aegean Cruise. Anyone else got concerns?

We are booked on same cruise. No concerns as yet with revised routing. If the situation escalates as it may our feelings may change. It could end up as a repositioning cruise with no/even fewer port visits! Marella has reacted quickly so far and will no doubt do so again if safety dictates.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't see the issue, the Suez canal is a long way from the Gaza Strip and since this part of a relocation cruise to get the ship to the far east, unless the Suez area was a war zone there is no way they would take the long way round. Not sure where morals come it to it.

I have had two chats with Marella. They offer a fee free change to another cruise or cancellation with money back. With the former they would refund or charge for any price difference as may be the case.

I looked at alternative cruises on similar dates and surprise, surprise, what had the day before been great advertised last minute bargains rapidly increased in price & they say, now sold out! 
I conclude many have cancelled. I have suggested they offer an upgrade to those who do not change or pull out. To me that would be a good move for them as an alternative to losing business through cancellation. Not able to offer that yet they say.

I do not know if Marella ever does do upgrades, free or otherwise, anyway. Anyone have experience of that? I would guess the ship is not full or near it. This cruise does not seem to have been advertised for a while.

Many thanks for your update.   We have now received an email offering us the option to cancel and transfer to another cruise, which we definitely want to do.   We are waiting to hear back from the Retention Team re transferring onto another trip and different itinerary.   We are very relieved to be able to change, especially as we had read that other cruise companies have already cancelled all voyages to Egypt.

5 hours ago, Hoare said:

Actually, we haven't been given the option to cancel and get a refund.   We booked through Planet Cruise - can I ask if you booked directly through Tui?

Yes, we booked directly through TUI (well, via Topcashback!) and Marella cruise folk are quite easy to talk to. 

Hi - my husband's been tracking Marella Discovery 2 on Cruise mapper.   According to this, the ship is currently moored at Sharm Ash Sheik (not Sharm El Sheik).   Yesterday, it looked like it was sailing randomly round the red sea!   We're very relieved indeed to have been able to cancel the trip but also wondered how many people went ahead