Brussels hotel recommendations near Central Station?

SunnyNy

How long are you in Brussels and what do you plan on doing?

My last trip to Brussels is now well pre-pandemic. Just looked up a couple of places that appear to be closed at least for now. Across the Grand Place and about 10-12 minutes walking (lots of cobblestones in Brussels, so dragging a rolling bag can be fun) is the Marriott Grand Place. I've stayed there several times and it's a very nice hotel, close to but not in the Grand Place. There are a number of hotels close to the train station but I have never stayed in them. The Warwick has a nice location, but so does the Novatel. It's probably going to be hard to get first hand recommendations on this board; I don't really think of Brussels as a cruise destination.

10 minutes ago, markeb said:

How long are you in Brussels and what do you plan on doing?

My last trip to Brussels is now well pre-pandemic. Just looked up a couple of places that appear to be closed at least for now. Across the Grand Place and about 10-12 minutes walking (lots of cobblestones in Brussels, so dragging a rolling bag can be fun) is the Marriott Grand Place. I've stayed there several times and it's a very nice hotel, close to but not in the Grand Place. There are a number of hotels close to the train station but I have never stayed in them. The Warwick has a nice location, but so does the Novatel. It's probably going to be hard to get first hand recommendations on this board; I don't really think of Brussels as a cruise destination.

I'll be arriving by train post-cruise from Rotterdam and staying 3 nights. I'm planning to go to Brugge by train one of those days, then taking the train directly to the airport on the last day.  And thank you for remininding me of the cobblestones. Always a treat!