Boarding Mardi Gras with a scooter

cheer25mom

We are sailing on the Mardi Gras in a few weeks and it will be my first time boarding on Carnival when I already have my scooter. Other cruises it has been waiting in the room for me. How will boarding work? Will they board us with disabled guests before general boarding or will we board with our group? Is there a separate check in line I need to be aware of? 

2 hours ago, cheer25mom said:

We are sailing on the Mardi Gras in a few weeks and it will be my first time boarding on Carnival when I already have my scooter. Other cruises it has been waiting in the room for me. How will boarding work? Will they board us with disabled guests before general boarding or will we board with our group? Is there a separate check in line I need to be aware of? 

Do you need additional assistance from crew?

Edited by Elaine5715

Last I read they no longer board disabled ahead of regular boarding, but with your group.  Too many were requesting assistance who didn’t need it so they could board early.   NOw you get a boarding time, no priority.  EM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Do you need additional assistance from crew?

With the scooter I don't think I will. Without the scooter I needed a wheelchair. I am not trying to skip the line or anything, just wanted to be prepared for what to expect. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Last I read they no longer board disabled ahead of regular boarding, but with your group.  Too many were requesting assistance who didn’t need it so they could board early.   NOw you get a boarding time, no priority.  EM

thanks for the info. I was just trying to gage what to expect/do when I got there. I am fine either way, but I wanted to be prepared. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

1 hour ago, cheer25mom said:

thanks for the info. I was just trying to gage what to expect/do when I got there. I am fine either way, but I wanted to be prepared. 

I believe this is still true .  If you don't need any crew assistance, you will just board with your family.

• Like 1