First cruise to Alaska…which one?

rmzlvacationers

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

That was actually close to the very 1st thing we did in Alaska. We flew into Fairbanks fairly late in the evening, had dinner, and went to sleep after what was obviously a long day... so we could get up at like 5am to drive north along the pipeline across the arctic circle. We stopped just across the line though, took some similar pictures, had cake with "permafrosting" to celebrate with our tour guide, then thankfully flew back. Ironically, that was one of our warmest days out of the 18, crossing the arctic circle.

I have an online acquaintance who is a hunting/fishing guide somewhere near the Kenai peninsula. Could be around there but I'm not sure. I have a standing offer to go see him... but I made sure that he knew that we would love to go around to see the animals, we just have no interesting in killing them, lol. He was of course fine with that.

Nice!  🙂 

We sure enjoyed eating that big Halibut I caught outside of Homer...that fish fed us for 2 weeks!  

With the Copper river visits we are planning to do, we will be eating our share of the famous Copper River Salmon.  😋

• Like 1

Does Radiance go to Glacier Bay,  If they don't go there they are a bad choice. 

Also you have not posted the itinerary for any of the cruises and I am not going to bother to look them up.  However itinerary is a very very very importance consideration when doing AK.  It is more important than any other consideration in my opinion.

DON

• Like 1

16 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Does Radiance go to Glacier Bay,  If they don't go there they are a bad choice. 

Also you have not posted the itinerary for any of the cruises and I am not going to bother to look them up.  However itinerary is a very very very importance consideration when doing AK.  It is more important than any other consideration in my opinion.

DON

RCCL does not go to Glacier Bay.

I completely agree about itinerary. It is the most important thing to look at.