What's the music like on the Seascape

Maedie1

I went on the Seashore in Jan 2022, and all they played was Latin music. In the atrium, on the top deck, in the main dining room, etc. It was excessive and really lacked the variety seen on other cruise lines.

I fear my cruise in 7 days will be the same way. Can anyone please share some insight?

Don’t expect anything different. Set the bar low and be pleasantly surprised if you get something better. This saves you from possible disappointment.  Most music was Latin or EDM at the parties when I was on Seashore. In the shows I would say the selection was mostly ballads or classic rock/pop. 

7 hours ago, Tierun said:

Don’t expect anything different. Set the bar low and be pleasantly surprised if you get something better. This saves you from possible disappointment.  Most music was Latin or EDM at the parties when I was on Seashore. In the shows I would say the selection was mostly ballads or classic rock/pop. 

Thanks for the reply. When were you on there?

We are on Seascape currently.

There is a latin duo playing in the Atrium some times which we do not like .

There is Christo, a single guitarist who also sings, very good. He also comes to the TopSail Lounge.

There is Silas, who play Saxophone in the Atrium and Loft Cafe . Not our taste either.

The music in Cabaret rouge is also „special“ we think. But others seam to like it.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, paddy1112 said:

We are on Seascape currently.

There is a latin duo playing in the Atrium some times which we do not like .

There is Christo, a single guitarist who also sings, very good. He also comes to the TopSail Lounge.

There is Silas, who play Saxophone in the Atrium and Loft Cafe . Not our taste either.

The music in Cabaret rouge is also „special“ we think. But others seam to like it.

So basically hardly any English? I guess nothing changed unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

We've been on 3 MSC cruises and can't recall a single band that we liked.  Not the talent, but what they were playing. Even the main shows left a lot to be desired. They're all the same, except for the costumes.

NCL has the best bands by far. MSC has the worst by far. IMO

1 hour ago, paddy1112 said:

Christo sings english. Mainly older stuff before 2000. And he is really good.

When I heard him, I had hope that the In Concert show might feature him and some of the members of the Cabaret band and resemble a concert. But not so much hope that we didn't select seats so that we could bail out without disturbing those around us...

1 minute ago, Saving Up To Be Eccentric said:

Also for the shows, if you were alive during the late 80s and 90s, be prepared for well known pop/rock songs to be turned into very, very different arrangements. Some of it worked well. Some of it... "not to my taste."

I was born in 95 but I know my 80s very well, so I'll look forward to that! 😛

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2023 at 5:51 AM, Tierun said:

I just wanted to reply and say that yes, I've been pleasantly surprised to be honest. Lots of EDM which I like, there has been a nice variety of music so far. The shows have been very good and they play many classic songs we all know. Two more nights left and I've enjoyed them all so far.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...