Booking web error?

Tom F

My wife and I are soon-to-be empty nesters and looking forward to trying some luxury cruises. Thanks to all the experts on this board: your info is so helpful, and the "Live from..." threads are really fun. 

Now for the question... we live in NZ and last week I was on silversea.com happily looking at cruises, doing some mock bookings to see which cabins were available, etc, with no problems. A couple of days ago I started getting an "It looks like there's a problem..." error when I went to "Book Your Cruise" on the page that asks for number of guests. I called the phone number shown, and she was very nice in providing more cruise info and offering to book us, but said they had no access to IT help and wasn't familiar with the issue. I've tried different devices, clearing cookies, etc, and get the same result.

Are you in NZ or elsewhere and familiar with this error? Wondering if it's temporary while Silversea loads new itineraries or updates airfares or something like that, or if it's something on my end and/or specific to NZ. Not sure why it was working last week but not the past couple of days! In the end we'll be working with a travel agent, but it's nice to be able to use the site to check availability, etc.

image.png.676e6f1553830992fdc204e6183aee7f.png

15 hours ago, Tom F said:

My wife and I are soon-to-be empty nesters and looking forward to trying some luxury cruises. Thanks to all the experts on this board: your info is so helpful, and the "Live from..." threads are really fun. 

Now for the question... we live in NZ and last week I was on silversea.com happily looking at cruises, doing some mock bookings to see which cabins were available, etc, with no problems. A couple of days ago I started getting an "It looks like there's a problem..." error when I went to "Book Your Cruise" on the page that asks for number of guests. I called the phone number shown, and she was very nice in providing more cruise info and offering to book us, but said they had no access to IT help and wasn't familiar with the issue. I've tried different devices, clearing cookies, etc, and get the same result.

Are you in NZ or elsewhere and familiar with this error? Wondering if it's temporary while Silversea loads new itineraries or updates airfares or something like that, or if it's something on my end and/or specific to NZ. Not sure why it was working last week but not the past couple of days! In the end we'll be working with a travel agent, but it's nice to be able to use the site to check availability, etc.

I had the same problem (in the US) but assumed the cruise was sold out.  Hopefully, the problems have been sorted.

16 hours ago, Tom F said:

From an associated thread, there have been IT issues for the last couple of days, with the SS website being down.  It was noted that this is not unusual!  Try again in a day or two.