Marittima in Venice question

highplanesdrifters

The cruise port in Venice continues to be the same Marittima terminal it has been for many years, even thought the ships no longer dock there. After you check-in there and drop your luggage, you're bussed to the ship, which is docked in the industrial port on the mainland side of the lagoon. (Or if you're disembarking in Venice, it's the opposite: you disembark and are bussed to the Marittima cruise terminal, where you claim your luggage.)

I'm not sure what information you're looking for or that your travel agent isn't able to supply? How to get from your hotel to Marittima? Again, this hasn't changed in the past two decades. You can get a private water taxi, or if you're able to schlep your luggage a bit you can take a vaporetto (water bus) to Marittima. The hotel can book the water taxi, or you can probably save a little money booking on your own: https://www.motoscafivenezia.com/en/

Last time we were in Venice a few years ago, we managed our own luggage and took the inexpensive vaporetto. It was a bit of a walk from the dock where the vaporetto let us off, but not too much of a problem. 

Where do you find Seabourn? It will be signed and obvious when you get to the cruise terminal.

Thanks for the helpful info,  you are always so kind. @cruiseej

We are travelling with someone who can only walk limited distances hence the concern.

We have been told that you cannot take a water taxi directly to Marittima. One must take it to Piazzale Roma where you must transfer to the People Mover or  take a Taxi to Marittima. Does that jive?

Seabourn said they would send a limo as usual...ha ha.  We asked about the transfer at Piazzale they had no clue.

I will rely on the hotel to make our arrangements.  Would like to make an informed decision about those arrangements when the time comes.

1 hour ago, highplanesdrifters said:

We have been told that you cannot take a water taxi directly to Marittima. One must take it to Piazzale Roma...

Our last trip out of Venice was just before the pandemic, and before the changes in cruise ship docking, so my information may be out of date. At that time, you could definitely take both a vaporetto or a private water taxi to a stop inside the port area. Here's a Google satellite map which shows the location of Piazzale Roma, the cruise port People mover station, the cruise terminal, and the location of the vaporetto and water taxi dock:

image.thumb.png.605bb1b38b54b22033e1fba874ee1f0e.png

Even though you can see the Marittima vaporetto stop is fairly close to the terminal building, it is still a bit of a walk for someone with limited walking ability, especially considering you are toting your own luggage. As limited mobility access is something I never looked into, I don't know if it is possible to get a taxi or shuttle to right in front of the cruise terminal from either Piazzale Roma or the People mover station. I would reach out to the concierge desk at your hotel, explain the situation, and ask them what is available. If they can provide you the information you need, you can decide whether to book a water taxi through them or do it yourself directly if it will be cheaper.

Sorry I can't help more specifically; perhaps someone else who has recently sailed from Venice with someone with mobility issues will chime in.  Best wishes! 

We transferred from the Savoie and Jolanda (almost next door to the Londra) to Marittima in June this year to board the Quest. We were a group of 7 and organised our own water taxi, they pick you up from the water taxi wharf which is pretty much in front of the hotel, it was then a trip to the water taxi dock at Cruise Marittima where there was Seabourn staff and porters to unload our luggage, tag luggage and then direct us to the shuttle bus (a short walk) to take us to the Cruise Marittima terminal that Seabourn was using for check in. After check in we were directed to the buses which transferred us to Fusina where the Quest was waiting for us. It was all quite simple and well organised.

@highplanesdrifters The water taxi dock at Marittima that @ozecruiser mentioned is the one I circled in yellow on the satellite picture I posted, in the lower left/center which is labeled "Marittima".

(Unlike @ozecruiser, when we were last there, there were no Seabourn representatives or porters at the Marittima water taxi dock. Maybe we were just unlucky. 😆)

Thanks again @cruiseej & @ozecruiser

We are happily on board Encore.

The Seabourn transfer from our hotel never showed. I'll fight it out with them later. Fortunately our hotel, The Londra procured us a private boat which delivered us to the Marittima.   We were met by Seabourn staff who took our luggage. We then had the option of a shuttle or short walk to the terminal for check in. Smoothest Seabourn entry ever. A bus ride to the ship at Fusima.  Suites ready with our cards in them.  Interesting,  they did not take our passports. Two firsts for me.

Headed into a nasty storm. First port in Crotia canceled. 

Glad you made it, and that the transfer was smooth. Sorry about the weather; I hope it clears fairly quickly.

Out of curiosity, you were supposed to have a Seabourn transfer from the Londra to the cruise terminal? did you purchase air and hotel via Seabourn? Was the Seabourn transfer supposed to be a private boat? In most cities, it would be a bus or a van, depending on the number of people, so I'm curious what they offer in Venice.

Another Venice/Mirittima/Fusina question.  We were scheduled to be on this cruise and continue on the next one as well, but we cancelled because of my husband's back issues.  We are now considering rescheduling for almost the same itinerary next year.  We are wondering if anyone can share what arrangements Seabourn made to go into Venice for continuing passengers.  Also wondering how long the bus took from Marittima to the dock in Fusina so we could judge how much time we might have to tour Venice (on our own).

1 hour ago, HalFan said:

Another Venice/Mirittima/Fusina question.  We were scheduled to be on this cruise and continue on the next one as well, but we cancelled because of my husband's back issues.  We are now considering rescheduling for almost the same itinerary next year.  We are wondering if anyone can share what arrangements Seabourn made to go into Venice for continuing passengers.  Also wondering how long the bus took from Marittima to the dock in Fusina so we could judge how much time we might have to tour Venice (on our own).

image.png.6bcea5816dca499da44505613d5c0beb.pngimage.png.6bcea5816dca499da44505613d5c0beb.png

We joined Encore in Venice in July and this was the "shuttle boat" schedule they used for guests remaining on board.  Coach on embarkation from Maritima terminal to Fusina took about 30 - 40 minutes

19 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Glad you made it, and that the transfer was smooth. Sorry about the weather; I hope it clears fairly quickly.

Out of curiosity, you were supposed to have a Seabourn transfer from the Londra to the cruise terminal? did you purchase air and hotel via Seabourn? Was the Seabourn transfer supposed to be a private boat? In most cities, it would be a bus or a van, depending on the number of people, so I'm curious what they offer in Venice.

Thanks for the weather wishes. Sad to miss Croatia, but happy for a sea day.

Our private transfer came with the suite.  Hotel and air rez made on our own.  Friends who stayed in Seabourn hotel ( Ca Segrado) although they booked hotel separately, were able to book private transfer through Seabourn.

17 hours ago, HalFan said:

We had a fabulous private guide for Venice if you're interested, did St.Marks and Doge Palace. He scored us last minute skip the line tickets. Big help. Venice is a zoo. The Maritime museum is a short stroll from St. Marks. Empty, and highly recommend. You don't need a guide.  

On 10/29/2023 at 12:53 PM, caviarforme said:

image.png.6bcea5816dca499da44505613d5c0beb.pngimage.png.6bcea5816dca499da44505613d5c0beb.png

We joined Encore in Venice in July and this was the "shuttle boat" schedule they used for guests remaining on board.  Coach on embarkation from Maritima terminal to Fusina took about 30 - 40 minutes

Thanks so much!  Very helpful.

8 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

We had a fabulous private guide for Venice if you're interested, did St.Marks and Doge Palace. He scored us last minute skip the line tickets. Big help. Venice is a zoo. The Maritime museum is a short stroll from St. Marks. Empty, and highly recommend. You don't need a guide.  

Thanks for the offer of your private guide.  If we go, and that's still a big "IF" right now, we would probably just walk around on our own.  We've been to Venice several times before, although the last time was 20 years ago.