Diamond Princess Vietnamese Visa

cosmohunter

I am about to go to a 15-days journey on the Diamond Princess from Japan to Singapore.  Since it will make three consecutive stops at the Vietnamese ports, I am researching on how obtain a Vietnamese Visa.  The Princess website says the following.

Capture3.thumb.PNG.67ef40886b1349a42f2d0f4fb2a43c13.PNG

But posts from other cruise lines such as Celebrity Cruise shows that passengers can indeed get the eVisa for entering Vietnam since the eVisa website does indicate that it is accepted on all their seaports.  The eVisa only costs $25 if obtained directly from the Vietnamese government but would cost $56 if via Princess. 

Does anyone have experience with this route that could shed some light on me?  Much appreciate it!  

I'd say look over at the Ports Of Call, Asia board. There are several threads about Viet Nam on page one. If you cannot find the answer there by reading, then post there. Yes, Princess does this different, and why you posted here, but it will likely get moved anyway.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/43-asia/

I had a problem with figuring out the Japan entry and posted.  I had my answer in a few minutes. 

Does your itinerary have more than one stop in Vietnam?  If yes, the E-Visa for Vietnam will not work.  The Vietnam E-Visas are SINGLE ENTRY.  You will exit Vietnam, go to sea, and re-enter Vietnam at the next port.  

TBH, $56 is cheap, and you save the hassle of having to deal with the visa process.

• Thanks 1