Upgrades, cheaper online or by phone ?

sebas030

19 minutes ago, richmke said:

I compared price before airfare, and they charged the difference. Airfare stayed the same.

??? 

Airfare price is the airfare price. It is a separate line item and has nothing to do with your cruise fare pricing, other than the possibility that cabin prices will be reduced once NCL is no longer subsidizing airfare with cabin prices across the board. So yes, if you compare prices with/without airfare, your final cost will be the cabin price plus the cost of airfare.

My comment is with respect to price drops, after final payment. At which time the cost of a stateroom is not the only factor NCL considers when determining if they will give you a future cruise credit.

19 minutes ago, IanCarb said:

NCL charge 2-3 times the actual cost of airfares, not a reduced fare! Book directly or through your travel agent, and get more flexibility and full choice of hotels and durations.

So, all the reports of folks getting airfare for $1,000 or more LESS than self-booking it are bogus?

The hotel - MAYBE, as some report that NCL charges double occupancy on hotel rooms also.  But this thread isn't about those things.

Well to answer my own question, as of this morning, ONLINE the difference between what I paid when booking and an upgrade to a family OV is $452.

I CALLED Ncl 10 minutes ago and the offer she made me for the exact same stateroom that I compared ONLINE was $351 ... so I took the offer !