Deck question on Oasis

14 minutes ago, Cruisegreencat said:

We are looking at Ocean view rooms on the Oasis. The ones that are available are on the 14th deck underneath the solarium. I read that you don't want to be underneath a deck when they're moving deck chairs. Is that a problem being on the 14th deck underneath the solarium?

I didnt hear much last time on oasis but have heard complaints on another ship from a couple of cabins under the solarium. Tile floor was noisy above them. It's not great imo but if it's all that's left, keep a eye for cabins opening and try to move.

I was on deck 10 and with a group so not aware of anyone under solarium I knew but I wouldnt pick there on purpose. 

16 minutes ago, Cruisegreencat said:

We are looking at Ocean view rooms on the Oasis. The ones that are available are on the 14th deck underneath the solarium. I read that you don't want to be underneath a deck when they're moving deck chairs. Is that a problem being on the 14th deck underneath the solarium?

For me personally…..I would never book a cabin that didn’t have other staterooms above it and below it…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cruisegreencat said:

Thanks everyone

Dumb question - what is the solarium 

Its the adults only area on the ships. No one under 18 is allowed, the one on oasis is two levels, lots of loungers, couches and hot tubs. A small pool and a nice sized bar and lounge area. Most of it is covered with a glass roof, but there is a nice sized outdoor deck at the very front. 

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Its the adults only area on the ships. No one under 18 is allowed, the one on oasis is two levels, lots of loungers, couches and hot tubs. A small pool and a nice sized bar and lounge area. Most of it is covered with a glass roof, but there is a nice sized outdoor deck at the very front. 

Maybe not so loud before 8am???  Don't plan on sleeping in. Are there stairs to the 14th deck? Might be a good location since we don't have kids