Allure of the Seas

bigque

39 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Based on their current massive debt, I would be surprised if any RCI ship was amplified in the next few years. Keep in mind this is just a guess based on having looked at their latest financial statements. 

It's already been confirmed that Allure is going to be amplified early in 2025.

1 hour ago, cannotfathom said:

I've wondered about the Spring of 2025 because there are like 6 weeks in which I don't see it schedule to go anywhere.

This is the Amplification.

This thread was just updated 2 days ago:

And tidbits in multiple posts in this thread.

10 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Do you have a link to any article(s) that state Allure will be amplified? I just did several searches online. The only recent news I found were a few two days old articles that stated RCI has not made any official statement on if Allure will be amplified on her next scheduled dry dock. 

43 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Do you have a link to any article(s) that state Allure will be amplified? I just did several searches online. The only recent news I found were a few two days old articles that stated RCI has not made any official statement on if Allure will be amplified on her next scheduled dry dock. 

I do not believe that Royal has put anything out there publicly yet, but there have been various posts in different threads where people have posted things. And when I was on allure in September, the Allure Hotel Director strongly implied it during the Top Tier event and specifically stated that Sabor and Champagne Bar were both going to be replaced, which is part of the Amplification plan. Then later, 2 Genies specially said "amplification" during the bridge tour.

And if I'm not mistaken, I believe that people have said that a 6.5 week dry dock is 1-2 weeks longer than a normal dry dock should be for that age of a ship.

Keep in mind, when the dry dock was cancelled at the beginning of COVID, it was only 5(?) weeks out. Most of the materials (like the Ultimate Abyss) would have already been manufactured and likely at the shipyard waiting. Some things (like thousands of Samsung TVs), could possibly have been sold (presumably at a huge loss), but there's probably a warehouse somewhere in or near Cadiz that is storing a lot of stuff for the amplification. 

40 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

I do not believe that Royal has put anything out there publicly yet, but there have been various posts in different threads where people have posted things. And when I was on allure in September, the Allure Hotel Director strongly implied it during the Top Tier event and specifically stated that Sabor and Champagne Bar were both going to be replaced, which is part of the Amplification plan. Then later, 2 Genies specially said "amplification" during the bridge tour.

And if I'm not mistaken, I believe that people have said that a 6.5 week dry dock is 1-2 weeks longer than a normal dry dock should be for that age of a ship.

Keep in mind, when the dry dock was cancelled at the beginning of COVID, it was only 5(?) weeks out. Most of the materials (like the Ultimate Abyss) would have already been manufactured and likely at the shipyard waiting. Some things (like thousands of Samsung TVs), could possibly have been sold (presumably at a huge loss), but there's probably a warehouse somewhere in or near Cadiz that is storing a lot of stuff for the amplification. 

Hopefully your information is correct. Allure is currently my least favorite Oasis class ship, although I will never like no pool in the Solarium on Harmony. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 4:51 PM, bigque said:

I just booked a Western Med cruise on Allure for 2025. Has anyone heard of and when Allure is going to go In for Amplification??

I literally just booked a Western Med cruise on the Allure in June 2025.  I haven't heard anything about an amplification, but I sure it doesn't effect the summer of 2025!

On 11/10/2023 at 7:25 PM, RobInMN said:

If they do the amplification in the spring of 2025, should I be worried about our cruise out of Barcelona on June 1, 2025?

23 minutes ago, gcbranscome said:

If they do the amplification in the spring of 2025, should I be worried about our cruise out of Barcelona on June 1, 2025?

No. Post dry-dock, she has a 4 night on April 11th, and a 5 night on April 15th, then an missing 7 days before starting the Western Mediterranean itinerary on April 27th.