Sugar free options

ellsbells3032

12 minutes ago, ellsbells3032 said:

Anyone been on recently (especially Iona) and can tell me if they do any sugar free/low sugar desserts or ice creams etc. Diabetic and trying to keep my sugars low. 

Thanks

Just got back from the Ventura and if you ask for diabetic ice cream  in the MDR they will get it for you.

So I expect the rest of the fleet to follow suit .

The desserts in the buffet were limited and bunged onto the diet section with vegan and others .

We tried some of their desserts that are suitable for diabetics last time as one of our group is type 2 diabetic: there were not many but there were some lovely ones that didn’t taste that they were lacking sugar - a trifle in a pot and a chocolate cake - and some very synthetic tasting ones. Mind you, a chunk of their standard desserts taste synthetic so the lower sugar ones at least didn’t make our friend feel different! 🤣

3 hours ago, ellsbells3032 said:

Anyone been on recently (especially Iona) and can tell me if they do any sugar free/low sugar desserts or ice creams etc. Diabetic and trying to keep my sugars low. 

Thanks

I've not been on Iona, but all the ships' MDR menus seem to be much the same. If my memory is right, there's usually one or two desserts on the menu with "(ls)" after them for "low sugar". Not being diabetic myself, I haven't paid a lot of attention though. You might want to look at the menus that Selbourne has posted on his "Live from Ventura" thread.