LIVE from the Reflection Nov 12-19

kk20

Oh! I almost forgot to add this little tid bit for the ladies:

Every time we cruise, I end up with swollen feet and fingers (and waist, but that’s another issue 😅) I had read online that the desalinated water that’s served from the dispensers onboard and from the waiters in the restaurants has a higher salt content than our home drinking water, so on this trip I made a point of only drinking bottled water while onboard. And lo and behold, I had no swelling in my feet or fingers! All of my shoes fit normally and my rings aren’t tight.

ymmv but you may want to try this hack on your next cruise too! 

Edited by kk20
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, kk20 said:

Oh! I almost forgot to add this little tid bit for the ladies:

Every time we cruise, I end up with swollen feet and fingers (and waist, but that’s another issue 😅) I had read online that the desalinated water that’s served from the dispensers onboard and from the waiters in the restaurants has a higher salt content than our home drinking water, so on this trip I made a point of only drinking bottled water while onboard. And lo and behold, I had no swelling in my feet or fingers! All of my shoes fit normally and my rings aren’t tight.

ymmv but you may want to try this hack on your next cruise too! 

Actually, the desalinated water really does contain less salt then your water at home. The key for you was that you drink more water, that’s how you get rid of swollen ankles.

The most probable cause of swollen ankles on ships, is that they use a lot of salt in the cooking. Many of us don’t use much at home at all, and we’re not used to having such highly salted foods.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Actually, the desalinated water really does contain less salt then your water at home. The key for you was that you drink more water, that’s how you get rid of swollen ankles.

The most probable cause of swollen ankles on ships, is that they use a lot of salt in the cooking. Many of us don’t use much at home at all, and we’re not used to having such highly salted foods.

Also eating more carbs than at home will increase water retention in a 1:3 ratio.  (reason why fasting will cause the fasting person to "lose weight"...it's the retained water.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

So, is the smoking section down only by the men's room, or is it the whole side of the back of the ship down to where the Sunset Bar is located?

When looking at the pic I posted, the smoking section goes from the left side of the sunset bar (not the bar itself, but the seating areas) down towards the men’s room