LIVE from the Reflection Nov 12-19

kk20

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

kk20 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Since no one else has started a live thread for our sailing, I figured I might as well start one 😃

We flew down from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale on the 11th and spent the night at the springhill suites in Dania Beach before boarding the ship yesterday. We love the location of this hotel, as we can walk to various shops that we don’t have at home (mainly Ross and TJMaxx) as well as several great restaurants.

We had a check-in time of 12:30-1:00 and boarding went as smoothly as normal. We ran into friends who are also on this sailing, who normally cruise with Princess and they were amazed at how much better the celebrity boarding process is vs what they’ve experienced with Princess.

Once onboard we went to our cabin (we’re in an obstructed view veranda cabin on the hump, so our balcony is much larger than the standard sized ones) then checked in at our muster station before getting our first drinks and making specialty dining reservations.

The elevators were a bit of a sh!t show for the first few hours, but have since settled down. Bar service was also slow at the sunset bar and martini bar in the afternoon, but improved after dinner.

We had dinner at the lawn club. I ordered the ribeye but received a filet. Our waiter apologized and offered to get a ribeye, but I was content to enjoy my perfectly cooked filet. My hubs had the lamb chops and said they were perfect as well. We finished off our meals with a warm chocolate chip cookie and carrot cake. Both were delicious! 

After dinner we wondered around and stopped in a couple of shops before settling into spots at the martini bar.

This morning we woke up in Nassau but decided to just stay onboard and enjoy a quieter ship

IMG_1325.jpeg

IMG_1337.jpeg

IMG_1331.jpeg

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1334.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, bikerunner said:

Definitely like the balcony and those obstructions are not bothersome at all. 

Agreed! The smaller lifeboat doesn’t bother us at all and we decided to move the oval table from in front of the couch to the back corner of the balcony to make more room in the cabin 

8 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Have a wonderful time. The Reflection is one of our favorites. How was the springhill suites? We are staying there in January. 

Springhill suites was good. They’re under renovations right now and only had one elevator working, so it was a bit chaotic during peak times. But we didn’t hear any noise from it and our room was spotless. The front desk staff are super friendly as well.

• Thanks 2

We have reservations for Murano tonight (we’re burning through a large amount of obc on specialty dining for this cruise) but it looks like they are already starting to implement the changes back to more dining choices in the mdr. Our app has the classics back in their own section for dinner. Here’s tonight’s mdr menu items:

IMG_1281.png

IMG_1282.png

• Like 2

enjoy your cruise...nice cabin..big balc.. view seems fine!

The error on the type of steak at LCG  also happened to 3 people that we dined with from our roll call group...BUT the waiter and maitre d  said it was what they ordered, even though they were  shown the rib eyes at the table.  They refused to  make new steaks..a big stink ensued. It ruined the dinner for all..Eventually mgmnt at the front  desk gave those involved a free  lunch credit.  

Next time husb and I will go just us..! and ask to see the waiter's order.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

enjoy your cruise...nice cabin..big balc.. view seems fine!

The error on the type of steak at LCG  also happened to 3 people that we dined with from our roll call group...BUT the waiter and maitre d  said it was what they ordered, even though they were  shown the rib eyes at the table.  They refused to  make new steaks..a big stink ensued. It ruined the dinner for all..Eventually mgmnt at the front  desk gave those involved a free  lunch credit.  

Next time husb and I will go just us..! and ask to see the waiter's order.

I can’t imagine getting mad over a different cut of steak. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting, kk20.  I disembarked the day you boarded.  I hope your cruise is as great as ours was.  This will help me relive the good times.  I can highly recommend the show by CeCe 
Teneal.  She was fabulous.  Also, if Captain Kirk does the "Rock the Reflection" show, don't miss it.  He sings, he plays guitar and drums with the ship's band.  He is funny and personable.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, catgirl411 said:

Just got off the Reflection on November 2. Are Angela and Dave Clarke still the CD and Activity Manager ? We just loved them.

Angela is onboard. Not sure about Dave though.

We had Angela as cd on the summit earlier this year and I agree! She’s great! “Ciao for now!”

7 minutes ago, Marion B said:

Thanks for posting, kk20.  I disembarked the day you boarded.  I hope your cruise is as great as ours was.  This will help me relive the good times.  I can highly recommend the show by CeCe 
Teneal.  She was fabulous.  Also, if Captain Kirk does the "Rock the Reflection" show, don't miss it.  He sings, he plays guitar and drums with the ship's band.  He is funny and personable.  Enjoy!

Yes! We had captain Kirk when we sailed on the Infinity last year. Really enjoyed him jumping up on stage with the bands

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kk20 said:

Angela is onboard. Not sure about Dave though.

We had Angela as cd on the summit earlier this year and I agree! She’s great! “Ciao for now!”

If Dave is onboard he will be part of the daily broadcast on your tv.  They are so great together. 

• Like 3

Thanks for doing a Live Post.   It is always nice to read each individuals experience as opposed to expectation.    Until I saw you photos I had forgotten Reflection hadn't gone through Revolution.  The bedroom color pallet gave it away.    She still looks pretty good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, catgirl411 said:

Just got off the Reflection on November 2. Are Angela and Dave Clarke still the CD and Activity Manager ? We just loved them.

We got off the Reflection yesterday… Angela and Dave were great and added joy each day

• Like 4

We just finished the best meal we’ve had at sea! Murano for the win 🏆 

We started with a seared piece of tuna with eel sauce, followed by lobster bisque. For our main course we ordered medium rare chateaubriand and lobster.

We were too full for their cheese course or dessert 

IMG_1350.jpeg

IMG_1351.jpeg

IMG_1356.jpeg

• Like 4