Shoreside Concierge Question

Lena11033

I have an email come in about my assigned person for Shoreside Concierge person for my Feb cruise on Constellation (Celebrity suite)

Reading the email it looks like it's for help with specialty restaurant bookings, spa and excursions - am I missing something? Just thought I'd ask as this is the first (and probably last time in a suite due to prices).

Edited by Lena11033

54 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I have an email come in about my assigned person for Shoreside Concierge person for my Feb cruise on Constellation (Celebrity suite)

Reading the email it looks like it's for help with specialty restaurant bookings, spa and excursions - am I missing something? Just thought I'd ask as this is the first (and probably last time in a suite due to prices).

In the past ,I was contacted weeks before my sailing..

We sail on the Ascent next week and still no contact.

They can offer help with reservations .

I thought they might have been part of budget cuts like burlers for SS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lena11033 said:

It is normal and the things listed are just some of the things they will help you with.   They can arrange for needs like desired pillows, extension cords, swapping the Bubbly for a Chardonnay etc... They are an extension of the On-Board Concierge and work closely with the ship.   

Now reality - over 50% of the time my requests never get through to the butler.   They have gotten better on my last couple cruises. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is normal and the things listed are just some of the things they will help you with.   They can arrange for needs like desired pillows, extension cords, swapping the Bubbly for a Chardonnay etc... They are an extension of the On-Board Concierge and work closely with the ship.   

Now reality - over 50% of the time my requests never get through to the butler.   They have gotten better on my last couple cruises. 

Thank you.

Ha so like a magic 8 ball. I'll reach out but if it is not there I can just speak to the butler when on board, when I did MSC it was the same I had to ask on board (mind you the butler I had was MIA a lot of the time)

Just now, Lena11033 said:

Thank you.

Ha so like a magic 8 ball. I'll reach out but if it is not there I can just speak to the butler when on board, when I did MSC it was the same I had to ask on board (mind you the butler I had was MIA a lot of the time)

It may be that we are frequent suite guests and Zenith but ours called and said -  do you want the regulars and read them off.   They were all there except the wine swap.   The butler know of it but said he couldn't get the wine until they unlocked the ships wine supply. 

Both the Butler and Room attendants always take care of anything they missed very quickly.

My understanding is that unlike older days where they send requests to the Retreat Concierges, they now send it to the Retreat Manager.    Personally I think it worked better before they put in a middle person.

• Like 2