Retreat guests - worth booking Le Voyage?

richczarnecki

We ate there on the Beyond along with four others. We were unable to reserve online for a party of 6, so we did 4 and 2. As soon as we boarded we went to ensure we would all be seated together. Le Voyage wasn't open but we looked around.  We noticed they had a private dining room with a larger table, beautiful.  When we finally got to speak to the Head Waiter about our reservation he told us he was unsure if we could be seated together since the restaurant had 2 tops and 4 tops but maybe we could be seated near each other.

When we showed up for dinner, he told us to follow him and he heard us say we thought he was taking us to the private room. I saw him smile at that. We were all delighted to be seated there and I teased him that he knew all along he was going to seat us there. He admitted that he did know and he was happy to see our reaction.

It turned out to be the best meal we had on a cruise ship with extremely attentive and friendly service.  They even brought us a couple dishes to share that they said we just "had to try". 

I don't know where this experience rates on a Michelin scale but it was wonderful for us.

We were not in suites so we paid. We are booked again for our January Beyond cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, redjetz said:

Fair enough. And that’s disappointing. I hope the experience is better when we are on our Ascent cruise in April, but given all the changes and issues reported by you and others lately, I will be tempering my expectations.

I wouldn’t cancel it based on one person’s random review.  And if I were on another ship with LV I would try it again.  We are doing the Daniel dinner on the Eclipse but I know it won’t be the same.

I was just upset I couldn’t get a hot dog or banana split with my meal.  🥸

Next time I’ll go with a friend and leave my husband in the cabin. 

Edited by zitsky