Retreat guests - worth booking Le Voyage?

richczarnecki

We will be on Ascent in January and Luminae is expected to be great.  But, should we consider Le Voyage?  We are foodies from the NYC area and have been to Daniel in the city.  Is Le Voyage special enough?  I believe we have to pay even though we are in Retreat, correct?

Thanks!

Yes Le Voyage is an up charge.    I'm sure someone can confirm, but I believe if in RS and above it is free with the exception of the up-charge for wine pairing 

I've not been on Ascent to experience but did have the Daniel B Special Dinner when he was aboard to launch.    I would say it was good but if a "REAL" foodie from NY, I fear you may be disappointed.   Of course food is subjective.

41 minutes ago, richczarnecki said:

We will be on Ascent in January and Luminae is expected to be great.  But, should we consider Le Voyage?  We are foodies from the NYC area and have been to Daniel in the city.  Is Le Voyage special enough?  I believe we have to pay even though we are in Retreat, correct?

Thanks!

Like you, we're foodies who enjoy dining well in Europe and the Americas.

We've only sailed on Beyond with Celebrity (in the Mediterranean and Caribbean) and only in Iconic and Edge Villa (Retreat) suites.

LV is included with IC and EV staterooms, so why not? We did. It was good, as was Eden and Raw on 5. Are they going to be Michelin starred quality? No, but if you want that, the small luxury lines may be a better match.

Depending upon what stateroom you are in, shoreside or your butler will orchestrate reservations for you.

Have a nice bottle of champagne to go with it and you're sure to make great memories.

Edited by buncosquad
  • Like 1

We ate in Le Voyage 3 different times on the Beyond last year when the ship arrived in New Jersey from the T. A. on its way to Ft Lauderdale. The food was amazing, the service was perfect and the wine pairing was worth it. The venue was very romantic, courses were well spaced and desserts were wonderful. You walk from the noisy hall above Martini Bar through the first door where the Maitre'd desk is, the door closes and it is quiet. Then they take you through another door, which also closes into a beautiful dinning room, tables and booths are spread out nicely.  I can't remember how many tables but the ambience was wonderful. We are going on the madien voyage of the Ascent next month on a B2B will do another 3 times. Will agree with our friend Jim who posted above, the Daniel B. Special dinner was nice but  was held in a dinning area in Fine Cut, noisy and nothing like Le Voyage. 

• Like 1

I'm not in love with the dinner menu in Luminae so on Beyond I spent quite a few nights at speciality restaurants and thought Luminae was a fabulous dining experience, just wish it had some windows to the outside as it's kind of located in an awkward spot on Beyond. Recommend you book! 

1 hour ago, maren91 said:

I'm not in love with the dinner menu in Luminae so on Beyond I spent quite a few nights at speciality restaurants and thought Luminae was a fabulous dining experience, just wish it had some windows to the outside as it's kind of located in an awkward spot on Beyond. Recommend you book! 

Did you mean …thought LeVoyage was a fabulous dining experience….?

• Like 1

Having dined at a number of 3-Star Michelin restaurants in New York which included the 2-star Daniel's, I would actually have question. .

The reason why the doubts is because the quality and presentation of the food was great and the service was as expected from a 2 star Michelin restaurant, but it wasn't memorable.

What was memorable was what Per Se served and gifted me for the one and only time when I had my birthday dinner there. I am still am able to talk about it to this very day.     

Edited by agape01
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

FYI, I just called the Shore Concierge and for those traveling in Edge Villas like myself, Le Voyage is part of the free unlimited special dining package.

I would give it a shot possibly for sure in that case..although I bet it’s at least a 2+ hour affair..I admit, I get bored when they go really long. 

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I would give it a shot possibly for sure in that case..although I bet it’s at least a 2+ hour affair..I admit, I get bored when they go really long. 

The longest dining affair that I ever experienced lasted for about 4hrs. The only difference is that bite sized courses came every 5mins when you are done with one course.

7 hours ago, samplecd02 said:

FYI, I just called the Shore Concierge and for those traveling in Edge Villas like myself, Le Voyage is part of the free unlimited special dining package.

Clarification because I forgot there are 2 options in Le Voyage. The regular Le Voyage is complimentary for EVs. The tastings is not.

We must be the only people on earth who didn’t like Le Voyage on the Beyond.  We weren’t impressed with the food or the wine. It was dark and depressing.  We don’t eat at many Michelin restaurants but we have eaten at Le Cirque in NYC, Paul Bocuse’s restaurant in Lyon and La Pergola in Rome.  We are signed up for Chef’s Table on the Eclipse.  Mistake maybe?

I preferred Luminae and my banana splits.  We were a bit out of sync at Le Voyage as I wanted the tasting menu and my husband wanted ala carte.

I enjoyed Eden for the view.

Edited by zitsky

11 hours ago, agape01 said:

Having dined at a number of 3-Star Michelin restaurants in New York which included the 2-star Daniel's, I would actually have question. .

The reason why the doubts is because the quality and presentation of the food was great and the service was as expected from a 2 star Michelin restaurant, but it wasn't memorable.

It’s my opinion that we go astray expecting Michelin-quality dining on a cruise ship. It is quite difficult to replicate the fine quality on a ship that doesn’t have access to fresh ingredients every day, with a changing cast of chefs and cooks and assistants, and waiters.

What we can expect at a venue such as Le Voyage is a dining experience that is elevated above all other dining rooms on board, and not compared to top restaurants around the world - that just doesn’t seem fair. To me, at least.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, redjetz said:

It’s my opinion that we go astray expecting Michelin-quality dining on a cruise ship. It is quite difficult to replicate the fine quality on a ship that doesn’t have access to fresh ingredients every day, with a changing cast of chefs and cooks and assistants, and waiters.

What we can expect at a venue such as Le Voyage is a dining experience that is elevated above all other dining rooms on board, and not compared to top restaurants around the world - that just doesn’t seem fair. To me, at least.

Well if that’s the criteria, then they failed for us.  I wouldn’t call Le Voyage elevated.

35 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Well if that’s the criteria, then they failed for us.  I wouldn’t call Le Voyage elevated.

Fair enough. And that’s disappointing. I hope the experience is better when we are on our Ascent cruise in April, but given all the changes and issues reported by you and others lately, I will be tempering my expectations.

3 hours ago, samplecd02 said:

Clarification because I forgot there are 2 options in Le Voyage. The regular Le Voyage is complimentary for EVs. The tastings is not.

Sailed twice in an Iconic suite on Beyond (10+ night sailings). Both times offered tasting menu and zero cost.

Twice in an Edge Villa on Beyond (7 night sailings) and once offered tasting menu as an inclusion, while another time never asked or advised as an inclusion. 

We like to dine well, but "more food" does not equate to quality. We were fine going a la carte except in one case.

It's a nice venue.