Check your bookings!

patty1955

Last August I booked a cruise with the Travel Agent division of a big box store. My cruise included Drink Package, Free Wifi and Gratuities. This September I was making a payment on the phone and discovered that they didn’t show the perks on my booking even though they were included on every receipt I had received and on the booking on their website. I knew that Celebrity’s website didn’t show my perks, but I’ve had that happen before. It took several days, multiple phone calls and a few emails but they finally promised to give me all the perks before my sailing date. The cruise is now about three months away and while I still don’t have the perks, I believe that they will add them to my cruise at some point. They are well known for their customer service.
There is a Black Friday sale on drink packages that impacts my cruise and if I had the Classic Package, I would upgrade to premium at a good price. I called the TA to request that they add my drink package now so I can upgrade it. I’m still waiting to hear back from them but the phone agent said something that I think must be reported on this board. She told me that this happened to a number of people. There was a problem with their interface with Celebrity and a lot of bookings had the same issue as mine.
Please, if you booked with the Travel Agent division of a big box store, call and verify that you have your perks. I would hate for someone to try to deal with this while on a cruise

• Thanks 1

Thank you - we also book with the big box TA.  I did double check our reservation, and saved a copy of the popup showing the old "AI", gratuities, drink packages and WiFi.   I was able to upgrade our drink packages and WiFi for the sale price, so felt confident that the reservation was correctly reflected.   

I do want a hard copy showing that gratuities are included in our package.

Our cruise is still almost 10 months away.

• Like 1

I booked directly with Celebrity and had this same issue that they did not give me any of the items from the AI package I paid for.  I was on the phone for several hours over 3 different calls and finally got them readded to my reservation.  I have 2 reservations and this problem only was with one.  Now they have for some unknown reason changed my dining reservation to late seating and I am still waiting for them to fix this as a supervisor must get involved.  Very frustrating.

Same problem. We booked onboard and the reservation was transferred to the big box, but without clear listing of the perks included. We called the big box travel department and insisted we be issued a new invoice that clearly spells out all the included perks. Took the agent a good amount of time with Celebrity to get it done, but they did.

5 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Last August I booked a cruise with the Travel Agent division of a big box store. My cruise included Drink Package, Free Wifi and Gratuities. This September I was making a payment on the phone and discovered that they didn’t show the perks on my booking even though they were included on every receipt I had received and on the booking on their website. I knew that Celebrity’s website didn’t show my perks, but I’ve had that happen before. It took several days, multiple phone calls and a few emails but they finally promised to give me all the perks before my sailing date. The cruise is now about three months away and while I still don’t have the perks, I believe that they will add them to my cruise at some point. They are well known for their customer service.
There is a Black Friday sale on drink packages that impacts my cruise and if I had the Classic Package, I would upgrade to premium at a good price. I called the TA to request that they add my drink package now so I can upgrade it. I’m still waiting to hear back from them but the phone agent said something that I think must be reported on this board. She told me that this happened to a number of people. There was a problem with their interface with Celebrity and a lot of bookings had the same issue as mine.
Please, if you booked with the Travel Agent division of a big box store, call and verify that you have your perks. I would hate for someone to try to deal with this while on a cruise

Thanks for posting the details of your experience patty1955!