All Included vs Cruise Only Worth it Since Gratuities removed

mrmj59

Why book All Included ?  Is it worth it since there are always drink and wifi packages on sale that I see are usually less than the All Included pricing?

Just wanted to get more opinions on All Included.  Also, I see that All Included prices vary from cruise to cruise, any suggestions on which cruises have the best All Included prices?

1 hour ago, mrmj59 said:

Why book All Included ?  Is it worth it since there are always drink and wifi packages on sale that I see are usually less than the All Included pricing?

Just wanted to get more opinions on All Included.  Also, I see that All Included prices vary from cruise to cruise, any suggestions on which cruises have the best All Included prices?

It's still about the MATH. Just because they removed gratuities does not change the fact that there may or may not be value in booking AI. I just priced out a couple of cruises and it appears AI is pretty consistent at $69.85 a day. If you know you can book drinks and internet for less, then book cruise only, if not take the AI. With the sales lately, upgrading to Premium drinks and high speed internet has been less than $12 a day for both so my question would be....can you book premium drinks and high speed internet for less than $82 a day with the current sales? If you are a solo traveler you should book it separate but as a couple, maybe yes...maybe no.

• Like 1

I also travel solo.  I haven’t booked anything since the program change but Celebrity touted that under the new program (the one EX gratuities) that solos would no longer be charged double for the beverage package.  Again, I haven’t tested it but I was told by a Celebrity rep that it is still usually cheaper to book AI as it is commonly discounted 40 percent.  This, no doubt, doesn’t account for sale prices. I have noticed that the AI charge seems to vary by cruise so you always have to do the math,  

I booked cruise only for my Connie cruise in March. When I compared the prices of AI to cruise only with one classic beverage package and one Wi-Fi added, the AI was almost $800 more. I am glad I went with cruise only as the Black Friday specials are excellent. I got both the Premium Beverage Package and Premium Wi- Fi for $835, including gratuities. There have been times when adding AI was a better deal, but it is usually by on a few $$. It pays to do a cost comparison. 

@ILgirl, Where did you learn that solos would no longer be charged for a second beverage package if we select AI? 

22 minutes ago, Straughn said:

I booked cruise only for my Connie cruise in March. When I compared the prices of AI to cruise only with one classic beverage package and one Wi-Fi added, the AI was almost $800 more. I am glad I went with cruise only as the Black Friday specials are excellent. I got both the Premium Beverage Package and Premium Wi- Fi for $835, including gratuities. There have been times when adding AI was a better deal, but it is usually by on a few $$. It pays to do a cost comparison. 

@ILgirl, Where did you learn that solos would no longer be charged for a second beverage package if we select AI? 

It was listed in the program changes when Celebrity was about to roll it out.  Happy you got a good deal!

Another solo traveler here.  For me Cruise Only then waiting for a flash sale on drinks and WiFi has always come out cheaper. I usually book far enough ahead that I have time to wait for flash sales.  If you're booking as a couple at the last minute take a few minutes to do the math and see which way  is better for you (or have your travel agent do it for you).