Black Friday UK 'deals'? - thoughts

seahorse001

hello

Like everyone i have had BF deals popping up in my inbox recently. I  have been following the prices of  some particular cruises (May 2024 to March 2025)I have had my eye on. I must add I cruise solo so prices are ridiculous for solos mostly.

Tui /Marella have been advertising Black Friday 'deals' with discount codes for some cruises . Now hears the thing - the base price (on the ones I have been watching) has been raised by as much as £400 on some, so even allowing a reduction with a code they are still more expensive that the ones I have been watching!

NCL have some quite good offers and look as if they have genuinely cut the prices of some.

I appreciate that BF can be smoke n mirrors but there are genuine discounts in the retail world. I would be interested in anyone's thoughts- are BF deals really 'deals' ? 

3 hours ago, seahorse001 said:

I would be interested in anyone's thoughts- are BF deals really 'deals' ? 

Rarely!

But, it all depends on where (or rather when) you set your baseline. Buying way in advance, usually within 90 days of 'launch' or publication of the cruise gets perks (at least on Holland America) AND you get a better choice of cabins.

As a family of 4 adults we find the best prices are offers for  3rd and 4th person in a cabin.

Looking at P and O (UK) Black Friday prices the 3rd and 4th person cost at least £2500. 3rd and 4th person prices on regular listing are often free, if booked as soon as new itineraries are launched, or about £200 per person for passenger 3 and 4 so £400 in total. Not so much of a saving for us. I also noticed the offers were only on inside cabins. Definitely a bargain for the right passengers.