Help with final balance discrepancy

kingcole

I would really appreciate some help. I've sent emails and made calls but can't get this resolved to my satisfaction. It's slightly complex, but I'll keep it brief with the keys points.

We have 2 x $2200 future cruise credits

Celebrity Edge booked for March 13th 2024

On October 7th I noticed the price of our cabin had dropped. I called and got it repriced. The balance showing was $3999.22

On November 3rd I called to apply our future cruise credit. After the call I received a new invoice showing a balance of $63.22. I called back and I was told that the all in price we originally booked no longer included tips. I protested this, as the agent on October 7th did say tips would be honoured as I originally booked earlier and the new invoice on that date clearly showed tips included. I was told the phone call would needed to be listened to but someone would call me back within 4 days.

3 days later I get a new invoice showing a $0 balance with a future cruise credit showing to the value of 2 x  $2166 (not $2200)

If the price I was quoted on October 7th was honoured and the full value of the $2200 credits applied, then I would be due a credit of $400.78. 

On my latest call, I am told that the credit can't be for a greater value than the cruise. It isn't as we have already paid $900 on booking. 

I would like either the $400.78 refunded to the card that I paid the deposit with, or we would be happy to accept an on board credit for the same value.

Any ideas of the best way to resolve?

Edited by kingcole

If you had gratuities included in your original fare, you will lose that if you reprice your cruise, plain and simple. The new pricing is at the prevailing rates and inclusions. The new "lower" fare may not be to your advantage if you lose the existing benefits.

• Like 1

Just checked on the date the All Included inclusions changed.  It was Oct 4th.  So if the OP got a price reduction on Oct 7th it should have not included gratuities.

I think another assumption the OP is under is that the FCC could be applied to an amount greater than the unpaid balance and somehow have the FCC cover some of the already paid deposit amount.  Not the case.

• Like 1