Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

1 minute ago, chryso said:

Is it just a trick of the photograph or is that straw unusually thick?

Also, what is that?

Double chocolate frappe. It's funny you say that, it did feel thicker than usual when I drank from it. Not sure that it is but it felt different.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chryso said:

BTW, thanks for doing this ride along.  I kept up with the whale tail trip but hadn't realized this one was happening until today.  Sorry I missed the early stages.

Happy to do it! Thanks for coming along again. 

That salad....ooof.

I was still hungry and trying to be healthy I went ahead and made a salad.

The lettuce had chunks of ice in it. Most of the toppings were empty. The remaining options were severely picked through. No meat option.

I went to the deli for some lunch meat. They have zero cold sandwich options. I just want the meat, it is not available. 

Head to the front salad line. Line is massive, but meat is available so I wait. It was picked through pretty bad at this point but I took what I could get.

By now the ice has melted and my salad was wet, soggy and not good. 

Then I discovered the issue when I noticed the discard times written on slips of paper taped to the dressing. They must have had a surprise food inspection today since this is a US port.

It's ironic that food quality slips so much when inspectors board. 

I also can't help but wonder now, were the missing cold items at the deli a casualty of the chaos that ensues when there is an inspection, or is their cold food staging area unable to meet safety guidelines so they took it out of service for the inspection?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

That salad....ooof.

I was still hungry and trying to be healthy I went ahead and made a salad.

The lettuce had chunks of ice in it. Most of the toppings were empty. The remaining options were severely picked through. No meat option.

I went to the deli for some lunch meat. They have zero cold sandwich options. I just want the meat, it is not available. 

Head to the front salad line. Line is massive, but meat is available so I wait. It was picked through pretty bad at this point but I took what I could get.

By now the ice has melted and my salad was wet, soggy and not good. 

Then I discovered the issue when I noticed the discard times written on slips of paper taped to the dressing. They must have had a surprise food inspection today since this is a US port.

It's ironic that food quality slips so much when inspectors board. 

I also can't help but wonder now, were the missing cold items at the deli a casualty of the chaos that ensues when there is an inspection, or is their cold food staging area unable to meet safety guidelines so they took it out of service for the inspection?

Either answer is fairly unnerving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I've got another towel zoo 😀

20231207_132746.thumb.jpg.66d8edcae4e9fa0508b8f38acfb18db7.jpg

20231207_132754.thumb.jpg.14895b95bffe7fe5e07f79e6d249fae8.jpg

Just as well you don’t want to use the space for something useful. I suppose you can unravel them and use the towels for drying if you have a major spillage of something, which would make them more useful than gingerbread villages which you can’t eat. 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Just as well you don’t want to use the space for something useful. I suppose you can unravel them and use the towels for drying if you have a major spillage of something, which would make them more useful than gingerbread villages which you can’t eat. 🙂

Who says you can't eat them?  Sounds like a lack of will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Either answer is fairly unnerving.

One is more unnerving than the other and I think I will avoid the cold sandwiches either way 😆 

9 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Definitely taking up some space which I thankfully don't need. My mom had to ask for them to be removed when we cruised. 

I had to rearrange them but I've got room until tomorrow at least then they may have to go in a closet or be deconstructed 🤣 

6 minutes ago, chryso said:

Who says you can't eat them?  Sounds like a lack of will.

Just now, exlondoner said:

They tell you not to, though I admit I’m not sure whether they say they are not actually edible or just not to be eaten, Anyway, would you want to?

I haven't found the display I hope they are going to put one out this year. It does say it's not edible, but I take that as a suggestion more than a rule 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

They tell you not to, though I admit I’m not sure whether they say they are not actually edible or just not to be eaten, Anyway, would you want to?

Want is a whole different matter.  😁

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, chryso said:

Be careful not to bump into the sun.

This was the first time my face didn't melt off as soon as I stepped outside in San Juan.

I think they moved a couple feet away from the sun for my arrival today and I appreciate that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4