Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

Wrapping up dinner, the brisket was good but it was not tender like last week. It usually is fork tender but tonight I found myself really sawing at it. It was like I needed a steak knife. It was strange because it was not tough to chew or dried out, just did not want to be cut into.

The salad I was worried about when the waitress asked me if I was sure. I was hoping she just wanted to be sure I wanted a salad for dinner not that there was something wrong with it 🙂. The salad was very good, if not quite the flavor I was expecting from the description. I wish I could eat a salad and be satisfied, but that is just not the case. It was a perfectly lovely salad and I told myself I wanted to try a few of these new dinner salads, but I don't think I will be, they just don't feel like a meal to me. The only thing I would ding it on was the chicken. This was clearly leftover day old chicken that they recycled into the salad. The vegetables were all fresh and delicious, the chicken not so much.

I like the entrée salad option, it's a great low cost dinner option for light eaters.

I was again praised for finishing my plate. The table next to me got a good job, I saw you tried to finish so apparently she is an "everybody gets a gold star" kinda person 😁

My two baked Alaska plan was perfect. One I was still hungry, but by the time I finished number 2, I was satisfied and happy with my dessert and meal overall! I may have to do that going forward.

The meal started off rough, but got better. There were a couple mistakes among the group and she apologized saying she is learning the new ordering on the phone thing. A few of the waiters have been struggling with it and I am sure it is hard learning new tech and is likely full of bugs like all new tech is when it is rolled out.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

They sell a book on making your own towel animals. I bought it for my mom but I guess she just likes getting, and not making them, because she has yet to produce one.

That is because your mother loves you and doesn’t want to frighten you.

• Haha 5

Good morning everyone.

Sleep was even harder to come by than last week, but I don't feel quite as miserable as last week so that's good. I still hope for a chance at an afternoon nap.

Grabbing the last of my things and heading out of the room now. 

• Like 3

Debarcation has been paused...backup in the terminal. Makes me wonder if facial recognition is down as Miami usually moves this process pretty quickly. 

Dropped my luggage off. I asked new Stuart if it was ok and he said it was fine. I guess that's who I talked to, when I was leaving I saw another Stuart in the hall so I hope I talked to the right person and my bags don't end up at lost and found 😀

My bed is already made, and in the right configuration 👍

At the meeting point now. Got my new card and just waiting on zero count. Might take a while if the terminal is backed up.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

That is because your mother loves you and doesn’t want to frighten you.

She takes great pleasure in frightening me 😆 

36 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Glad your new cabin is nearby.  Hope the B2B process goes smoothly this morning.  

Thank you! You and me both.

• Like 1

Our flight out in March got moved from 12:25PM to 4PM... so now we're trying to decide how much time we should stay on the ship until leaving for the airport. If everyone is off before 9:30 that still gets us to the airport by 10:30... which leaves the issue of what to do with bags... 

Anyone ever brought their bags with them somewhere for the day and actually enjoyed an area of Miami until your flight? Anyone ever done the Carnival excursion of going to South Beach for a few hours?

8 minutes ago, threedjmay said:

Our flight out in March got moved from 12:25PM to 4PM... so now we're trying to decide how much time we should stay on the ship until leaving for the airport. If everyone is off before 9:30 that still gets us to the airport by 10:30... which leaves the issue of what to do with bags... 

Anyone ever brought their bags with them somewhere for the day and actually enjoyed an area of Miami until your flight? Anyone ever done the Carnival excursion of going to South Beach for a few hours?

Luckily I'm a local so have no experience, but maybe someone else here will have an experience to share.

1 hour ago, threedjmay said:

We stayed in Miami for a few days after our cruise but could not check-in to our AirBnB until 4pm so we used Luggage Hero to store our luggage at a local shop so we could explore without dragging it around. They have hourly rates. Bounce is another option. Probably others too. Google luggage storage 

• Like 3

Got my picture taken. Got in line for maybe mimosas. The crew said it was just orange juice. 

It has something carbonated so if it's  not alcoholic it has sparkling cider. The kids were helping themselves so it could be, that would be unfortunate if mimosas have been eliminated. 

My room was ready for me and I met Stuart already. I really appreciate the little things like having my cabin ready. I am sure even with 32 rooms I am probably his only B2B so I was appreciative of the extra effort. 

Those are the kind of things that warrant an extra envelope at the end of the trip, so far that has not happened for Stuart one or Stuart two.

Third times the charm?

• Like 10

Just in case they are the good stuff,, and since my room was ready...I went ahead and got the fridge stocked.

20231210_121758.thumb.jpg.6bb2bfd01825fde51d7a97e3a02c1b5b.jpg

They were practically begging us to take more. Sounds like oj to me, but I have done B2B before where we could help ourselves to the good stuff so maybe.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Took care of muster and by now boarding was in full swing so although I was tempted by Mongolian Wok, I made a salad and headed up to the pasta bar for lunch.

20231210_111918.thumb.jpg.bb18db9d1947bec92ed7b08a93f22f4b.jpg

They brought bread before I could wave it off.

20231210_112318.thumb.jpg.230834b90d1c687b054159557b6d28ae.jpg

That was actually pretty good.

Pasta.

20231210_113635.thumb.jpg.f873eae975bf86ca0a80b79a2105eb09.jpg

Funfetti cheesecake for dessert. 

20231210_112854.thumb.jpg.fb34d1870f94fc00c7817de70f59679a.jpg

• Like 6

Going to try for a nap.

A bit of a good news bad news situation here. 

The bed is perfect. It's one of those wrap you in a hug beds that I love so much.

Bad news is I must be right by the hallway speaker because I could hear the announcement perfectly even with a fan on. And we have a tender port so lots of early am announcements yuk. 

Very happy with this bed though. Maybe I will be so comfortable I can sleep through the noise.

• Like 8