Live from the Celebrity Constellation, 11/28-12/10/23.

VintageCheap

Thanks for your review. We'll be on the Constellation, next Oct and November. b2b2b-34 days

Ravenna to Rome, Rome to Barcelona and Barcelona to Tampa.

Looking forward to a smaller ship with no amusement park!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hmorrow said:

Thanks for your review. We'll be on the Constellation, next Oct and November. b2b2b-34 days

Ravenna to Rome, Rome to Barcelona and Barcelona to Tampa.

Looking forward to a smaller ship with no amusement park!

Nice.  The mood aboard is chill.  You will be glad for the library for some peace from the bouncy piped in music.  She is a good sea ship.  And lots of band options.

And somebody needs to keep an eye on Abdul for us.  🙂

3 hours ago, VintageCheap said:

Nice.  The mood aboard is chill.  You will be glad for the library for some peace from the bouncy piped in music.  She is a good sea ship.  And lots of band options.

And somebody needs to keep an eye on Abdul for us.  🙂

The piped in music, lately, on all ships we have been on, is picked by teenagers 😱😰😡

Edited by hmorrow
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

The piped in music, lately, on all ships we have been on, is picked by teenagers 😱😰😡

Our teenager granddaughter  sings a lot of Joni Mitchell when she performs, so they must be playing some pretty good tunes 😁

really didn’t notice the music on our 16 night TA 🤔

On 12/11/2023 at 3:37 PM, ArgoNereus said:

We were not able to get service in MC.  Went up to the pool bar and one guy was trying to prepare drinks for a dozen people.

We peeked in the window.  There was a desk person, and the bar was in the back alcove and did not seem open always?

16 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Our teenager granddaughter  sings a lot of Joni Mitchell when she performs, so they must be playing some pretty good tunes 😁

really didn’t notice the music on our 16 night TA 🤔

Well, Joni Mitchell, is fine. Rap is not. imho

• Like 1

I just found and filled out the survey in a flood of Celebrity junk e mail.  Years ago, Connie would rock the reviews  with more kudos than newer fancier ships.  I think the ship has slipped a bit - NPS scores, etc.

What the onboard team should do - embrace the hardware you have - a non updated, but well designed ship.  Longer voyages, and an older passenger demographic.   A poor person's ocean liner.

So - early-early riser breakfast.  Some love for the library- different layout.  The iCafe becomes a card room.  Tone down the Ibiza music.  The fresh fish idea.  Ballroom dancing lessons.  A focus on High Tea.  Things you can do under the radar from HQ. 

I get brand consistency- hard with an older ship.  Fred Olsen does this - older ship, great guest experience. 

6 minutes ago, VintageCheap said:

I just found and filled out the survey in a flood of Celebrity junk e mail.  Years ago, Connie would rock the reviews  with more kudos than newer fancier ships.  I think the ship has slipped a bit - NPS scores, etc.

What the onboard team should do - embrace the hardware you have - a non updated, but well designed ship.  Longer voyages, and an older passenger demographic.   A poor person's ocean liner.

So - early-early riser breakfast.  Some love for the library- different layout.  The iCafe becomes a card room.  Tone down the Ibiza music.  The fresh fish idea.  Ballroom dancing lessons.  A focus on High Tea.  Things you can do under the radar from HQ. 

I get brand consistency- hard with an older ship.  Fred Olsen does this - older ship, great guest experience. 

Connie has need a major renovation , not that it in bad shape but things only last so long 

HVAC units for the cabins usually only have a 20 year life , a lot the cabinets in the cabins need replacing , bathrooms need to be redone 

On the TA they had 1/2 of 2 nd floor MDR open for cards and it was filled 

Ballroom dancing 🤔, I think 70’s disco would be better 🤣

I alway thought M class ship should be doing longer voyages 

Around Africa, or down the Amazon river or do a voyage from FLL that would go out to the Canary Islands and back during January/ February 

33 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Around Africa, or down the Amazon river or do a voyage from FLL that would go out to the Canary Islands and back during January/ February 

These sound great. 

On 11/28/2023 at 6:30 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Which ports in EU are crowded, unwelcoming ? 
just did the Connie TA the only poet that was crowed was Nassau 

EU ports have a better vibe to them than any Caribbean port 

The ship is in good shape , a lot of the crew are new after the TA , as we we saw a lot of old crew  in the airport getting ready to fly home from Tampa 

I love that vibe in the EU!  The Caribbean for us was NOT like we expected, but haven’t cruised it in decades...Beyond was great in Europe; not that good in the Caribbean and the ports were so disappointing.  We are just not Caribbean cruisers!

22 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Connie has need a major renovation , not that it in bad shape but things only last so long 

HVAC units for the cabins usually only have a 20 year life , a lot the cabinets in the cabins need replacing , bathrooms need to be redone 

On the TA they had 1/2 of 2 nd floor MDR open for cards and it was filled 

Ballroom dancing 🤔, I think 70’s disco would be better 🤣

I agree with everything except disco.... 🙂