Internet question

fun_one

It looks like the price for internet has been the same at $18.99 for the past few months but I wanted to know if it is worth buying ahead of time or waiting until on board?  We don't need the "streaming" part but just really want internet.  Any thoughts on this?  I want to be able to connect pretty quickly after we get in our room.  Thank you!

100% buy it before you board. It's always more expensive on the ship, unless you have status (Diamond and above) which give you a few free days as a perk.  

There used to be 2 internet packages (speed differences), but since all ships have switched to Starlink, there is just one type of internet.  

19 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

100% buy it before you board. It's always more expensive on the ship, unless you have status (Diamond and above) which give you a few free days as a perk.  

There used to be 2 internet packages (speed differences), but since all ships have switched to Starlink, there is just one type of internet.  

So we are Diamond.  How many days free do you get?  I have never seen where there were 2 speeds to choose from and they don't offer that information if you buy the package ahead of time.  ???

3 minutes ago, fun_one said:

I have never seen where there were 2 speeds to choose from and they don't offer that information if you buy the package ahead of time.  ???

The Surf option (lower speed) was discontinued starting about a year ago and was only available on board toward the end of availability. As D you get a discount equivalent to the 24 hour package.

Edited by Biker19

38 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

100% buy it before you board. It's always more expensive on the ship

I don't care what you're talking about -- internet, drink package, whatever -- it's always cheaper to buy ahead.  

18 minutes ago, fun_one said:

So we are Diamond.  How many days free do you get?  

Can't answer your question, but -- as a planner, I'd say two things: 

- You get it one day, have your spouse get a different day.  Two days for you.  

- Choose your at-sea days.  

1 hour ago, fun_one said:

So we are Diamond.  How many days free do you get?  I have never seen where there were 2 speeds to choose from and they don't offer that information if you buy the package ahead of time.  ???

Diamond gets you a day of free internet.  But the two speeds don't exist anymore, it used to be a surf and a stream package, now its all one package because they upgraded the internet and its fast enough to cover everything with one option 

15 minutes ago, fun_one said:

Can anyone let me know how much the internet is if you wait to purchase it once on board?

In your cruise planner it shows the discounted price, with the full price crossed out. That crossed out price is what you will pay if you book onboard. 

2 hours ago, fun_one said:

Can anyone let me know how much the internet is if you wait to purchase it once on board?

This is from two weeks ago on another ship.

Full voyage plans are prorated and decrease with each passing day.  Considering most ships don't leave port on day one until 5pm if you can wait until day 2 to buy it on board you won't pay for day one when you can't even use it for the full day on day one.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6848a0c46eba221f3260849499a0549.jpeg

On board it depends on how many days you are buying. More days you buy less each day costs less.

If you are not D or especially D+ and want to have internet for whole cruise 100% buy before.