Disembarkation at Port Everglades

dwalters214

Good Afternoon,

My wife and I will be taking our grown children and their spouses on a Celebrity cruise out of Port Everglades in April.  My wife and I have Global Entry so we are not concerned with our ability to clear US Customs and Immigration quickly, but our kids do not.  It's been a number of years since my wife and I have sailed from Port Everglades, and we were wondering the time frame it might take for our kids to leave the ship, clear Customs, and ultimately clear the terminal en route to Fort Lauderdale airport.  We are looking into possible departure flights from FLL

The first flight leaves at 10:30, but I think that might be a stretch.  The 2nd flight leaves at 1:30 pm., and the last flight leaves at 3:30 pm.

Any thoughts/comments about the departure process would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Assuming they have US passports, and/or are US citizens without a criminal background, there should be little delay. Most of the Port E terminals use facial recognition technology that's pretty efficient. The manual line is usually less than 5-10 minutes on a 3000 passenger ship.

I'd take the ship's tour of Fort Lauderdale rather than go straight to the airport.

Agree...its all about biometrics now, GE won't be in play in this situation. 

But I do have to tell a story from this last June. We were arriving into SFO non-stop from Paris. The GE line was a quick as it could be, except for the family where the parents had GE, but the 2 later teen sons didn't. The sons were made to go back into the regular line, which was several hundred people long.