past cruise number over 10 years ago?

Iwork2trav

16 minutes ago, Iwork2trav said:

I only used him because he was recommended by a friend and the deal he was offering was attractive, but when I asked him to load some gift cards on my OBC account he said I have to do it on the ship, so I shared a reply that I saw on here showing that he can do it, so we will see if he does it or not.  I am sooo big on customer service as my job is CS related, so its things like these that remind me why cheap is not usually worth it

Hopefully you advised your friend of this so they may benefit from your experience. Lessons learned. Like they say, you get what you pay for. 

Edited by doghog

My last cruise with Princess was in May of 2002 on the original Pacific Princess to Bermuda.  Fast forward to April of 2022.  There was a dirt cheap cruise for 4 days to Vancouver on the Grand Princess. They instantly looked up my number and had my full history there.  Oddly enough with several cruises that I had not been on for some reason.  Not going to complain as it bumped me to platinum.  Have done another 2 with Princess since then.  

On 11/30/2023 at 7:43 PM, Iwork2trav said:

I haven't cruised on Princess for 10 years (10 years and 10 days technically), and even though I have one of my prior booking numbers for them to reference, Princess is saying they purge the numbers when I haven't cruised for 10 years with them.  They are considering me a new cruise guest, so now I start earning loyalty from the bottom.  Any suggestions how to get credited for my past loyalty?  I had no idea they timed out!

We haven't cruised on Princess for over 15 years and when we booked on them for a TA next Spring, our loyalty levels and points were included with the booking.  I was pleasantly surprised, so perhaps there is a way to recover the numbers and points.