past cruise number over 10 years ago?

Iwork2trav

I haven't cruised on Princess for 10 years (10 years and 10 days technically), and even though I have one of my prior booking numbers for them to reference, Princess is saying they purge the numbers when I haven't cruised for 10 years with them.  They are considering me a new cruise guest, so now I start earning loyalty from the bottom.  Any suggestions how to get credited for my past loyalty?  I had no idea they timed out!

Edited by Iwork2trav

1 hour ago, Iwork2trav said:

I haven't cruised on Princess for 10 years (10 years and 10 days technically), and even though I have one of my prior booking numbers for them to reference, Princess is saying they purge the numbers when I haven't cruised for 10 years with them.  They are considering me a new cruise guest, so now I start earning loyalty from the bottom.  Any suggestions how to get credited for my past loyalty?  I had no idea they timed out!

Our last cruise was March 2010. We have a future cruised booked for March 2024. Our CC numbers are still active as well as our tier levels. For our March 2024 cruise we are a new tier level as we met the requirements after our 2010 cruise. 

Call back as you most likely will get a different agent.  

Edited by doghog
  • Like 4

We have the same problem.  BUT my cruise in 2006 was acknowledged, but my husbands was not. We went to loyalty on our last cruise, but they could not help us.  THey asked if we had a different email then.  Maybe you had a different email, and they can look at that?

Just booked a cruise with princess.  It had been 21 years since our last cruise with Princess. I just called them and they gave it to me with no problems still using the same e-mail and phone number so maybe that helped?

4 hours ago, Iwork2trav said:

Are you saying you have the booking # or your loyalty/Captain circle number?

Princess should be able to locate your Captain circle number based on your name, birthdate. 

I have not heard your number will be purged if you have not sailed after a number of years.

Hmm, can you try and speak to somebody else? We haven't sailed Princess since 2006, and mine came right up when I signed in to the Princess website to book our cruise for next year. I was actually able to sign in using my same email address, I just had to reset the password since I hadn't been on the site in years.

It's not recognizing my DH as a returning cruiser but since I don't see any benefit to him being gold instead of blue (or whatever the colors are) I decided not to pursue it.

1 minute ago, no1racefan1 said:

Hmm, can you try and speak to somebody else? We haven't sailed Princess since 2006, and mine came right up when I signed in to the Princess website to book our cruise for next year. I was actually able to sign in using my same email address, I just had to reset the password since I hadn't been on the site in years.

It's not recognizing my DH as a returning cruiser but since I don't see any benefit to him being gold instead of blue (or whatever the colors are) I decided not to pursue it.

Wouldn't your husband be the same tier level (relationship) as you? 

10 hours ago, wallyj said:

Are you saying you have the booking # or your loyalty/Captain circle number?

Since @Iwork2trav said, "They are considering me a new cruise guest, so now I start earning loyalty from the bottom". I would say CC number. 

Edited by doghog

Definitely call and speak to someone else.  Unless this is a recent policy change (last 12 months, or so?), it is not true.  When I booked a cruise last Dec they found my Captain’s Circle number and my last cruise was in 2008.  They were able to find my husband’s number too.  All of our previous cruises show up in our accounts.  As someone mentioned upthread, try using an old email address to login to their website. If that doesn’t work try contacting the Captain’s Circle department directly.

They found my Captain’s Circle number from 1985…

We had only been on one cruise, at the height of the TV show Love Boat, hated everything about that cruise & swore we would never do that again…

Fast forward to 2018…decided on a whim to go on an Alaskan cruise.  Had no idea about planning such a trip, the local TA, asked if we had ever cruised before & when we said yes she proceeded to call Princess & acquired our loyalty number.  
We enjoyed that cruise on the Coral Princess so much that we have been on 6 more Princess cruises since.  Heading out tomorrow on Sky Princess…

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, doghog said:

I'd call. 

I just don't see the benefit in spending who knows what amount of time on the phone trying to get it fixed. What would we gain by having him recognized as sailing once previously? Unless we are trying for elite or platinum or whatever it is...which we're not.

I have never done a ten year hibernation with Princess, but I took a long sleep with both Celebrity and Carnival.  Carnival still has my complete cruise history despite the long lapse.  Celebrity had wiped out my entire history and I had to start anew.

• Like 1

My three children haven’t cruised on Princess since August 2003.  I booked a family cruise yesterday and all three had their CC numbers and cruise credits intact and recognized.  None of my kids had the same address, phone numbers or email as in 2003.  My daughter has a married name as well.  Call back and ask to speak with a supervisor, you were given incorrect information.  If you don’t want to deal with the outsourced call center, then call 800-901-1172 and ask for a Princess Cruise Planner.  You should get immediate help.

As an aside because I was booking so many people at once I asked for a new PCP.  I knew there were many elements that made it more complicated to book.  (My prior PCP has been useless.)  I LOVE my new PCP!  He was very detail oriented and made suggestions I hadn’t even thought of.  

Edited by californiagirl
Added info

On 11/30/2023 at 6:43 PM, Iwork2trav said:

I would contact them again.  Loyalty programs don't expire.  Seems to me the person was just to lazy to investigate it further.  It may be something just as simple as a different email address, name spelling, etc.

I just checked ours.  They have all five of ours dating all the way back to our first Princess cruise in 1994 on the original Crown Princess. 

Good luck! 

On 12/1/2023 at 11:11 PM, californiagirl said:

My three children haven’t cruised on Princess since August 2003.  I booked a family cruise yesterday and all three had their CC numbers and cruise credits intact and recognized.  None of my kids had the same address, phone numbers or email as in 2003.  My daughter has a married name as well.  Call back and ask to speak with a supervisor, you were given incorrect information.  If you don’t want to deal with the outsourced call center, then call 800-901-1172 and ask for a Princess Cruise Planner.  You should get immediate help.

As an aside because I was booking so many people at once I asked for a new PCP.  I knew there were many elements that made it more complicated to book.  (My prior PCP has been useless.)  I LOVE my new PCP!  He was very detail oriented and made suggestions I hadn’t even thought of.  

I hadn’t thought about it until I read your post, but I had a different name, address and phone number after all those years and the still found mine.

A year ago, I booked two relatives who last cruised Princess 17 and 19 years ago. Both loyalty numbers and cruise histories came up right away when I gave their full names and birthdates. I actually tried to get referral credits for them, not remembering they had previous old travel (which, of course, I didn’t get).

Hello, OP here with a rundown of what has happened.  I called Princess again Friday and was again told I was a new passenger and no evidence of anything else, even with me having the same phone number for many years and I gave the other email address that it could have been under.  The new travel agent told me again Princess purges every 10 years.  I messaged my original TA and she never replied, presumably because I booked with a different TA.  So I read through the above thread in more detail and took the advice of whomever suggested trying to input my old email address to find another online account.  Bingo, reset my password, signed in and got my original reward number.   Chat this morning got me nowhere, so I called the 800-901-1172  suggested above and he was able to merge the accounts.  What should have been so simple became soooo irritating, basic customer service is a lost art!  Thank you all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, doghog said:

Not true. I'd never use that TA again. 

I only used him because he was recommended by a friend and the deal he was offering was attractive, but when I asked him to load some gift cards on my OBC account he said I have to do it on the ship, so I shared a reply that I saw on here showing that he can do it, so we will see if he does it or not.  I am sooo big on customer service as my job is CS related, so its things like these that remind me why cheap is not usually worth it

• Like 1