Apex or Ascent?

CruiseRQA

Trying to decide between a cruise on the Apex (1/20) or the Ascent (1/21).   Both would be in a sky suite.   We have cruised previously on Edge (aqua), Apex (skysuite) and last year on Beyond (skysuite).  Itinerary doesn't matter too much.   The Ascent would be about $800 more.    Are there improvements on the Ascent that would be worth the extra $$?    Thanks in advance. 

You sailed on the Beyond and the Apex and Edge.     What one did you like better?

The Ascent would be more similar to the Beyond and would also have some added tweaks, like  the differences between the Beyond,  Apex, and Edge.  The Beyond was the newer ship and it included the WCB,  changes to the Martini bar, different layout in Luminae and improvements in the Retreat desk.

Is it worth $800 more?    It is the newest ship and would be different  than the other ships.   I think the Celebrity website highlights a lot of the new features.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Looks like you've been on Edge, Apex and Beyond so you know the differences between Edge/Apex and Beyond/Ascent.  I have not been on Ascent yet, but other than artwork, from my understanding it is the similar to Beyond.  Ascent does have some more shades on the pool deck from the pics I've seen, but again very similar to Beyond. 

There was a notable difference in the Retreat Sundeck area of the ship from Apex to Beyond (bigger, more shades, two TVs at the Retreat Sundeck bar, etc). Haven't been on Ascent yet but my understanding is that every new ship in the same class will get small improvements. So if you have already experienced the Retreat on Apex, my recommendation is to try Ascent.

However, I have soft spot for Apex. I have been on three sailings on Apex since Sept 2021. I will never forget the first sailing in Greece not long after they started sailing again in 2021. 30-50% capacity and superb service/experience. I don't think we will ever get back to that level of service unless you are staying in the upper suites

I think folks have mostly covered it, but in general the first two (edge and apex) are “nearly twins” as are the second two (beyond and ascent) - the big changes are between the two pairs.  Most notably, the sunset bar is dramatically improved in the second pair, the layout of the martini bar is improved (more central bar, more space), the rooftop garden is different, and there is quite a bit more shade on the retreat sun deck.  There have been other minor differences of course.  We just disembarked Ascent yesterday having only previously been on Edge and I would choose the Ascent every time unless the price difference was really dramatic.