Little tidbits about Vista

Sp429

On 12/2/2023 at 4:59 PM, osandomir said:

Based on our experience sailing on O ships many times we definitely didn’t notice that no self serving buffet stopped transmission of the viruses. I don’t know if there’s any evidence to how this favorably compares to the other lines. But that being said, we much prefer O buffet where one is served by the staff to the self serving version on the other lines.

Years ago on Azamara there was a norovirus breakout and the ship changed it buffet delivery with only crew touching food and doing all service.  The virus ended quickly as reported but who knows

13 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

Years ago on Azamara there was a norovirus breakout and the ship changed it buffet delivery with only crew touching food and doing all service.  The virus ended quickly as reported but who knows

Bingo!

"Crew-served buffets are an effective, but not normally worth it, disease-control measure".

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

And the only case of norovirus i have encountered in 45 plus cruises was on a ship with a crew served buffet....Oceania Marina...so, indeed: who knows?

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

My wife and I will be sailing on Oceania and Vista for the first time on there 10 day Caribbean cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary December 30th. We chose a PH1 Penthouse suite 11062 deck 11 and I saw the balcony only has the table and two chairs. 

Has anyone had one of these staterooms and could tell me if a lounger could fit as well on the balcony and can be requested?

Thank you.

Robert.

@Parrot Head1

Robert, normally the lounges are available in the staterooms which have an extended balcony but you can have your TA check with O, however I would expect not as the veranda might not be large enough to accommodate one.

If I may suggest some thing else, if you are a light sleeper or easily bothered by ship noises, you might want to take along some ear plugs as you will have some automatic doors above you as well as a restroom. Above you on Deck 12 are the Terrace Cafe and Aquamar Kitchen entrances. We were in a similar room location on Riviera but on the Starboard side and we were under the entrances to the TC and Waves so there was door and food cart noise beginning very early in the a.m.  We have been on Vista a couple times but did not hear complaints about the noise issues we experienced but just be aware.  
Mauibabes

• Thanks 2

Thank you for the heads up about the noise. I will definitely bring a pair of ear plugs just in case. I know my travel agent booked us the best available close to a year ago hoping for a quieter cabin. As for the lounger I will have to reach out as I was curious after seeing a few comments that one lounger could possibly work? It's not a deal breaker obviously just a nice add on if possible.

Thanks again. 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 7:08 AM, Vallesan said:

I do like  Oceania’s served buffet and I must admit I feel a little less safe when there are self serve buffets.

I carry hand sanitiser with me and just use it more often if I feel a little uncomfortable. So easy to carry in a pocket/bag everyone should.

It only takes watching some one guy not wash his hands after using the head and then immediately enter the Terrace and touch serving utensils or the food itself to change many folks’ minds about their being okay with self-served food.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

It only takes watching some one guy not wash his hands after using the head and then immediately enter the Terrace and touch serving utensils or the food itself to change many folks’ minds about their being okay with self-served food.

ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY TRUE

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 10:49 AM, mauibabes said:

@Parrot Head1

Robert, normally the lounges are available in the staterooms which have an extended balcony but you can have your TA check with O, however I would expect not as the veranda might not be large enough to accommodate one.

If I may suggest some thing else, if you are a light sleeper or easily bothered by ship noises, you might want to take along some ear plugs as you will have some automatic doors above you as well as a restroom. Above you on Deck 12 are the Terrace Cafe and Aquamar Kitchen entrances. We were in a similar room location on Riviera but on the Starboard side and we were under the entrances to the TC and Waves so there was door and food cart noise beginning very early in the a.m.  We have been on Vista a couple times but did not hear complaints about the noise issues we experienced but just be aware.  
Mauibabes

Yep been there. Took a while for me to figure out the noise.