Check your Shore Excursion times if you were a part of recent website glitch

Tallulah20

Several weeks ago there was a glitch where payments for shore excursions weren't showing up on the website. When I called to check on it, they took "care" of it while I was on the phone and said give it a day or two to resolve on the website. The payment showed up and once again my balance was zero. Everything was fine or so I thought. I had made sure I booked all dinners and excursions as soon as they were available so my family of 3 would get the excursions and dinner times that we wanted. I checked in and just got my edocs. They did re book all of our excursions, however the jet skis on Great Stirrup Cay that we booked are now at different times, so we can't all go out together as a family. I just spoke with 4 different people and they all said the same thing: Sorry, there's nothing I can do but put you on a list if someone cancels. My options are cancel now to get refund or wait until we get on board and maybe we'll get to go out together or maybe we have to go at different times. Got to escalation department and just got told, yes we know it was our mistake but nothing we are going to do about, you can cancel. 

So everyone affected by the glitch should check their times, but just know that there is absolutely nothing NCL will do about it even if they screwed up.

Now you have people to watch each other's belongings as you go on the jet skis. Yay! 

I'm guessing it's space limited, therefore they would have to bump someone else from the adventure and cause them to be upset. Better having one party upset rather than two or three. 

Y'all will still enjoy the zoom zoom aqua mobiles! 

EDIT - I know you weren't actually complaining. And it is kind of you to give everyone a heads up! You're right - folks should double, triple, quintuple their peeks at the NCL website to ensure everything is correct!

Edited by cruiseny4life

16 minutes ago, shof515 said:

ive been on many cruises in the past where the time i picked does not match with the time printed on the ticket. this is usually because the tour vendor adjusted the times for whatever reason. 

I understand if the time changes for both jet skis, however in this case, the one I booked for myself was changed to a different time and the one I booked for my husband and young daughter was left at the original time. So now I go out 30 minutes before them with a different group of people instead of with my family. The shore excursion department said when they were fixing the problem that their website created with payments, they cancelled the bookings and rebooked them to apply the payment I already made. When they did this, they booked the two jet skis in and didn't make sure it was at the times I booked almost 3 months ago. Now both times are completely full so they can't put us at the same time. 

I also spoke with the concierge line, since we are sailing in the Haven, and they are also unable to do anything about it. They also let me know that since the excursion is on the second day of the sailing if they can't fix it after we get on the ship we cannot receive any refund if we decide to cancel rather than separating the family during the excursion.

21 hours ago, Tallulah20 said:

I understand if the time changes for both jet skis, however in this case, the one I booked for myself was changed to a different time and the one I booked for my husband and young daughter was left at the original time. So now I go out 30 minutes before them with a different group of people instead of with my family. The shore excursion department said when they were fixing the problem that their website created with payments, they cancelled the bookings and rebooked them to apply the payment I already made. When they did this, they booked the two jet skis in and didn't make sure it was at the times I booked almost 3 months ago. Now both times are completely full so they can't put us at the same time. 

I also spoke with the concierge line, since we are sailing in the Haven, and they are also unable to do anything about it. They also let me know that since the excursion is on the second day of the sailing if they can't fix it after we get on the ship we cannot receive any refund if we decide to cancel rather than separating the family during the excursion.

This is an unfortunate and terribly disturbing situation.

Seems you are left with cancelling - and probably missing out entirely on the jet skis; or, keep one or both of your reservations and enjoy the rides, perhaps a bit less (saved only by a last minute cancellation for one of your time slots).

22 hours ago, Tallulah20 said:

Not entirely true - if you go to the excursion desk when you board, you can explain the situation and see if they will put you on the wait list for the time when your other family members are booked. If a spot opens up, they should be able to give you a spot.

Also, keep calling the excursion desk to see if they have had any cancellations (they are the ones that told me to keep calling...).

Also, you might post in your roll-call (check that other face site at well for a group) and see if there is anyone that would be able to switch.