Cruising with fractured ankle accommodations 3 weeks out

On 12/6/2023 at 7:47 PM, chiguypaul said:

Convenience for me. Scooter delivered directly to my room and picked up from my room. Worth the money.

I'm not arguing with you, I don't your scenario. Do you use it only on the ship? It seems to me that the scooter would come in handy at the airport (if you fly), at the hotel (if you arrive a day early) and at the pier during check-in.

On 12/4/2023 at 8:59 PM, grandgeezer said:

My neighbor recommending renting a knee scooter from a medical supply company. It was one where you put your bad leg on the pad and pushed away with your good leg.

My turn in the box is 3 days after we return on Harmony, when I get foot surgery.  I've already got the scooter, and I'd agree that this would be the way to go if @chiguypaul can kneel without issues.  It might help to practice three-point-turns before into a very tight cabin. 😬

Good luck, @chiguypaul!

--bruce T.

On 12/5/2023 at 12:18 PM, chiguypaul said:

Thank for everyone's thoughts and opinions. I saw my ortho doctor today and I'm in a boot that I can walk in immediately - so lucky on that front. Will have additional X-rays to two weeks to confirm everything is on track prior to leaving for cruise. So I will not need a special room or a scooter, but I do plan on renting a knee scooter from Scottaround or some other company.

If you are in a boot, highly recommend going on Amazon and getting a shoe lift/equalizer for your other foot.  Those boots kill the hips.