Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and Cunard cruisers trying Carnival for the first time.....

SPacificbound

19 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. Have been blessed to cruise since 1971 and have sailed the world on various lines and ships.  We tried Carnin the early 1990s and my wife will never sail with them again. I have with my brother in law several times and we had great times and I would do it again but am seriously apprehensive.  I am concerned about the rowdy crowds, the smell of weed which I personally abhor, excessive drunken passengers and the fights. Now that is only my opinion but remain open minded but since it is my money I have the right to my opinion. I know cruising has changed on all the lines and have personally experienced it but I just don’t know. 

You are referring to cruising on general or a specific line?

49 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

You are referring to cruising on general or a specific line?

Aloha. I respectfully place Carnival in a separate category.  I have always been satisfied with Celebrity having sailed with them since they started in the Meridien, RCCL with Nordic Prince in early 1980s, HAL in the 1970s, NCL also, Princess 1980s, Cunard 1970s, and it goes on lol. They are all unique as are hotels so have yet to be disappointed. Carnival just didn’t meet my wife’s expectations but for me I enjoyed it and so did my BIL and we travel well together and I enjoy his company.  Being born and raised in Manhattan I am used to rowdy, drinking, weed, blah blah blah and a level of misfits and knuckleheads including cities around the world. When on a ship however one is stuck with his fellow passengers for a period of time. That is where I try to mitigate my exposure to stupid. 

19 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. I respectfully place Carnival in a separate category.  I have always been satisfied with Celebrity having sailed with them since they started in the Meridien, RCCL with Nordic Prince in early 1980s, HAL in the 1970s, NCL also, Princess 1980s, Cunard 1970s, and it goes on lol. They are all unique as are hotels so have yet to be disappointed. Carnival just didn’t meet my wife’s expectations but for me I enjoyed it and so did my BIL and we travel well together and I enjoy his company.  Being born and raised in Manhattan I am used to rowdy, drinking, weed, blah blah blah and a level of misfits and knuckleheads including cities around the world. When on a ship however one is stuck with his fellow passengers for a period of time. That is where I try to mitigate my exposure to stupid. 

Well that is view…. Stupid is a perspective….in lots of ways

2 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. Have been blessed to cruise since 1971 and have sailed the world on various lines and ships.  We tried Carnin the early 1990s and my wife will never sail with them again. I have with my brother in law several times and we had great times and I would do it again but am seriously apprehensive.  I am concerned about the rowdy crowds, the smell of weed which I personally abhor, excessive drunken passengers and the fights. Now that is only my opinion but remain open minded but since it is my money I have the right to my opinion. I know cruising has changed on all the lines and have personally experienced it but I just don’t know. 

I have been on multiple cruises with Carnival and have not experienced those unpleasant things you mention. I suspect the risk is there more likely on short (3-4 days) cruises during spring break time.

Edited by carol louise
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, carol louise said:

I have been on multiple cruises with Carnival and have not experienced those unpleasant things you mention. I suspect the risk is there more likely on short (3-4 days) cruises during spring break time.

As have the VAST majority.