Jacuzzi inside the room?

splamo

Hello,

I was searching for a Caribbean cruise last night and swear I saw one with a jacuzzi/hot tub inside the suite  (not on the balcony). Silly me, I didn't save it for further review today. I've been going back through what I looked at last night but can't find it. Does anybody know what ships on major cruise lines would have this? Or was I just delusional and imagining this late at night? I've tried googling, but just keep getting ships with them on the balcony.

Thanks!

(former CC poster, but lost track of that account)

Interesting!  But, sorry, I can't help you with this as that is something I am not familiar with.  Also not sure how practical it would be?  One particular concern I could see with this is with the amount of humidity that would be in the room when in use that would be difficult to vent. (I am familiar with this in a resort hotel room many years ago). I would also think it might need to remain drained between uses to prevent spillage in heavier seas. 

That all being said there may very well be ships with that feature - just not any I'm aware of.  Hopefully you get your answer!

34 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Mr  Google  came up with

NCL Escape  Haven spa suite with whirlpools in the suites

Thinking this further Celebrity also has jacuzzi tubs in some of their suite bathrooms.  I guess that would not be too uncommon among other cruise lines.  But from the OP's question I was envisioning a free standing jacuzzi/hot tub in the stateroom area v the balcony, and not a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Interesting!  But, sorry, I can't help you with this as that is something I am not familiar with.  Also not sure how practical it would be?  One particular concern I could see with this is with the amount of humidity that would be in the room when in use that would be difficult to vent. (I am familiar with this in a resort hotel room many years ago). I would also think it might need to remain drained between uses to prevent spillage in heavier seas. 

That all being said there may very well be ships with that feature - just not any I'm aware of.  Hopefully you get your answer!

Correct, I kind of wonder about that too. Maybe I was also misunderstanding the floor plan of the cabin, or it was poorly representing the location.

I would guess it would be similar to a bath tub, in that you just fill it when/as needed.

1 hour ago, splamo said:

Correct, I kind of wonder about that too. Maybe I was also misunderstanding the floor plan of the cabin, or it was poorly representing the location.

I would guess it would be similar to a bath tub, in that you just fill it when/as needed.

...and as mentioned there are cruise lines that have jacuzzi / whirlpool stye tubs in the bathrooms of certain suite categories.  They are relatively large and function as with jacuzzies - just not the freestanding style found on balconies of many ships.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, WorldTourPrincess said:

You’re not going crazy! I had to go back and look, but they’re in the NCL Haven Spa Suites.  Looks like on the Escape, Getaway, Breakaway, & Epic. 

I just looked as well and you are right - they most certainly are!  Glad to be corrected. But, as mentioned previously, I still can't imagine the resulting humidity in the stateroom from the hot circulating water when in use!