Sedate or active?

jsiegel

My college roommate is proposing that we and our husbands cruise on American Cruise Lines to Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands.  We are in our late 60's and early 70's but are very active.  I've watched a few videos on YouTube and it seems that the cruise and the included excursions cater to the sedate, with bus tours to historic sites with minimal walking.  Is this so, or is it just the few videos I've seen?  I'm not a sitter, I stand most of the time and walk miles each day.  Would we be antsy?  

Also, how do they handle special dietary needs?  My friend is gluten-free and has a number of other restrictions.  Would they be able to accommodate her?

Thank you,

Jackie

As far as activity levels, I would say the excursions on ACL tend toward the sedate in my experience. My wife and I are in our mid 80's and the excursions on our last cruise were just our speed. For special dietary needs you should probably check with the cruise line, but I am very doubtful.

• Like 1

You might look at this cruise as an alternative to ACL.  National Geographic Expeditions and Lindblad have a terrific reputation for active expedition cruises:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/expeditions/destinations/north-america/ocean/seattle-to-san-juan-islands-cruise/

• Like 1