Does Celebrity Think We Are Stupid?

OceanCruise

2 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

I'm not a TA but I believe when Celebrity made the change earlier this year to : Low Cruise Rates with Non-refundable deposit OR higher cruise rate with refundable deposit as well as raising the deposit amounts - it changed the way a lot of people book cruises now.  Before, A TA would open up for 2025 and you would put down a refundable deposit & then 2 years from now make that decision 90 before the cruise whether you wanted to go.  Previous to the change, you would often see a lot of rooms open 90 days out.

This new system forces people to be serious about the deposits and room holds they make where the previous system gave a lot of latitude on whether you actually book the cruise or not. 

That could be the reason.  I always book refundable so cancellation, if necessary, is available.  But SVs to not be booked on E class is 'different' from every other cruise we've booked (E+), especially E class with an actual verandah.

23 hours ago, RichYak said:

The price I see is $10,500 for either Sunset Sky Suite or Aqua Sky Suite.

Oops, my bad.  X is doing that silliness about higher rate solo for this one.  I need to always compare with 2 people in the cabin.  BTW, if I were booking this myself thru their website, I'd just list a 2nd person who wouldn't show.  FWIW, my TA just told me she sees the $10.5K rate 

Screenshot_20231213_173926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.860cd46a6f9e107698e79a6a81914a17.jpg

• Like 1