SGAC with MYICA app query entering by Air to embark...

Hi,

We are due to arrive in Singapore on Friday for a cruise on Discovery 2. Im trying to do the SGAC but ive got a query for the first application please. Hoping someone has done it before (even with another cruise line).

As i am entering by Air for the 1st trip, i searched for the TUI (Tom/BY) flight name but doesnt show - but its a required field? - So what do i do there?

I then thought no the trip is a cruise so i did the sea option and Discovery 2 shows no issue - but im arriving by air to embark, and i dont think thats right?

So im stuck? - Flight company doesnt show by air, and i dont think the sea option is right?

Any help here please? Totally stuck...Just dont want to mess this up

Many Thanks

Adam

I'm also interested in this answer. Plus also wondering how to fill out the field that says "type of accommodation in Singapore", do i put "other" with it being a cruise? 

Then the question "next city/port of disembarkation after Singapore", do we put the next port which is Mallaca or our 'uk home town". Our cruise stops in Singapore mid cruise as well

I have downloaded the app and next week i will be filling this out also.   I thought Marella would have outlined how we go about filling this thing in, me thinks were on our own  and lots of wrong  answers.  there are some   frequently asked questions on the website but they dont answer the   questions we have. Someone may have a clue  hopefully.

Just searched through lots of Cruise Critic forums on the subject and as best as i can work out, you need to fill out the arrival card each time you come into Singapore (even if on a cruise which comes back to Singapore midway through the cruise and then again at the end of the cruise) 

Using the MyICA app to store your profiles makes it easier (you can upload your passport info here for all passengers) then do a group application. 

You need to add your previous location and next location (e.g. Port e.g. Malacca) and what dates, so it is probably best to have all this info written down in advance. 

Those arriving at the airport have mentioned there are tablets available for those that did it incorrectly, and they just send you into the longer line to repeat the process

By the way for the original poster saying the flight details not recognised, you can choose Private/Other then put the flight number in. According to this link. One question i have is if you are supposed to put Transit or Day Trip if going from the airport to the Cruise Terminal. The guidelines seem to indicate that transit is only used if not clearing immigration

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the video link, very informative.

Then I clicked on one of the videos next to it and it looks like I need a Malaysian entry card as well as the rules changed last week! Just when I thought I'd got all the rules covered! 🙄

Well spotted on the Malaysia Entry Card. It looks like you have to complete the form within 3 days BEFORE day of sailing into the first Malaysia port. (i.e they don't allow it on the day of arrival like Singapore). I hope TUI provide more info on this type of stuff before the cruise

Edited by HappyHappyCruisers

If we all have to fill in the Malaysian arrival card   3 days before we dock in  Langkawi which will be CHRISTMAS DAY, we will have to fill it in on Saturday  23rd  December (sea day).   no one will have internet  so Tui will have to do that.   will we have to do the same  for Penang and Port Klang. It looks like we have to do the Singapore  card  3 times also,   sounds a complete nightmare to me. 

Update.

i have just watched  a you tube video and it says the  Malay arrival card was introduced  1st December 23  but there is a grace period until  31st December where you can fill in the form  on the day of arrival, after which you have to submit it  3 days before.

We are going in Feb, so looks like we have to do it before. While there is a lot of evidence that you need to the Singapore one multiple times. I couldn't find anything that said you need to do the MDAC for every arrival into Malaysia and whether you could just put the end date of the final Malaysia port. I'd be really appreciative if you could let us know what happened after the cruise. 

I also wondered if cruisers were exempt from the Malaysia form as there is virtually nothing on any of the cruise critic threads. I've just posted a general question on the 'other cruise lines' thread as it reaches a wider audience

RE: no internet, I'm guessing TUI will provide basic WiFi capability for this, but it is likely to be slow. If you have a fairly modern phone you cam buy something called an e-sim (a bit like a data sim card but it is electronic rather than physical). Altough you cant use it at sea, you can get 5Gb for all Asia countries for about £10. Martin Lewis moneysaving expert explains them here 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mobiles/what-is-an-esim/

Edited by HappyHappyCruisers

Hi all up date. my phone is a few years old so wont support  E simm.  I have just submitted my Singapore arrival card  as we fly out Thursday and land Singapore Friday morning. you are aloud to fill it in a little early as Singapore is 8 hours ahead. I did it on my phone for us both as a group.  I scanned our passports rather than fill it all in. i got confirmation e mail right away with a D E  number for each person. i screenshotted  these and wrote the numbers down and obviously will keep the  e mail. It took me longer than most because i am a tech dinosaur. As above has said TUI is not down as Airline  so put   cargo/other and you can type in TUI  and TOM number. its a massive scroll down to put in previous airport  ie  Manchester   and a more massive scroll down to get to  Manchester England  for where you live, we dont live there but it was the nearest on the list, you will see.  When it came to  address/ hotel in Singapore  i put  other and i put day trip as opposed to transit as we will leave the port that night, sorry dont know which was right but it has been accepted. Next destination i put Phuket which was on the list.  When in  Penang or KL i will have to do it again when in shopping mall   to re enter Singapore and again the following week when i can get internet.  It looks the same  for  the 3 visits in  Malaysia, why cant cruise ships do it  as a block. oh and  3  yes or no health questions to tick. 

If i missed anything  give us a nudge.  

good luck all 

Graham

3 minutes ago, gramwold said:

Hi all up date. my phone is a few years old so wont support  E simm.  I have just submitted my Singapore arrival card  as we fly out Thursday and land Singapore Friday morning. you are aloud to fill it in a little early as Singapore is 8 hours ahead. I did it on my phone for us both as a group.  I scanned our passports rather than fill it all in. i got confirmation e mail right away with a D E  number for each person. i screenshotted  these and wrote the numbers down and obviously will keep the  e mail. It took me longer than most because i am a tech dinosaur. As above has said TUI is not down as Airline  so put   cargo/other and you can type in TUI  and TOM number. its a massive scroll down to put in previous airport  ie  Manchester   and a more massive scroll down to get to  Manchester England  for where you live, we dont live there but it was the nearest on the list, you will see.  When it came to  address/ hotel in Singapore  i put  other and i put day trip as opposed to transit as we will leave the port that night, sorry dont know which was right but it has been accepted. Next destination i put Phuket which was on the list.  When in  Penang or KL i will have to do it again when in shopping mall   to re enter Singapore and again the following week when i can get internet.  It looks the same  for  the 3 visits in  Malaysia, why cant cruise ships do it  as a block. oh and  3  yes or no health questions to tick. 

If i missed anything  give us a nudge.  

good luck all 

Graham

Great thanks for the update. Very helpful. Yes you think Singapore & Malaysia would allow a single block entry with just the start/end date

I am reading on Malaysian web page that now their arrival card  is from 1st January 24 a couple of days ago it said it was live  from  early December, i wonder if they have had issues with it or was not advertised enough so caused huge  backlog. we will find out soon we fly  in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Been following this for a few weeks.

I am on the ship at this time so able to confirm things.

Singapore I used the app to retain details.

However Tui provide access to the site via the on board app and WiFi free of charge. 

For Malaysia nothing to do. Tui collected passport as we left Singapore. Now visited two Malaysia ports cruise card only to go ashore. 

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Thanks CruiserGY.

I was having a look at this yesterday and have downloaded the Singapore app and scanned in my passport, looks ok to use. Was worried about the Malaysian one as their website was slow and did not look user friendly, but won't worry about this now!

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great help CruiserGY.

Just out of interest (and my usual pre holiday nerves/panic 🙄),  did everyone get processed Ok? Did anyone that you know of get questionned/searched?

It always worries me that I will fall foul of something that is normal here (e.g. Chewing gum) but very bad there! Wouldn't want to get busted for having gaviscon or something on my person!