Passport

sun bum

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

It took 8 weeks this summer, and 2 weeks ago at the passport agency they had a November 2023 dated announcement from the Dept of State that the average wait right now is 10-13 weeks (unexpedited).

Important Updates on Passport Processing

Monday, November 6, 2023

The Department of State is committed to providing the best possible service for our passport customers.

We encourage all Americans to:

• check their passport expiration date before making plans for international travel, and
  • renew their passport well in advance of international travel. 

Current Processing Times: Processing times have changed several times in 2023. As of November 6, we are processing routine applications in 7-10 weeks, and expedited applications in 3-5 weeks. Processing times begin when we receive your application at a passport agency or center, and do not include mailing times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iTownPrincess said:

I sent in my renewal right after Thanksgiving and received the new passport in about 2 weeks. Haven’t received my old one back yet, tho’. 

Thank you for that info.  Sent mine today.  Don't need it until Mid-February but I'm feeling pretty good about it since I expedited it!

On 12/17/2023 at 11:29 AM, Peteymil said:

Important Updates on Passport Processing

Monday, November 6, 2023

The Department of State is committed to providing the best possible service for our passport customers.

We encourage all Americans to:

• check their passport expiration date before making plans for international travel, and
  • renew their passport well in advance of international travel. 

Current Processing Times: Processing times have changed several times in 2023. As of November 6, we are processing routine applications in 7-10 weeks, and expedited applications in 3-5 weeks. Processing times begin when we receive your application at a passport agency or center, and do not include mailing times.

Updated today:

Routine 6 to 8 weeks
Expedited 2 to 3 weeks
Expedited at Agency Must have international travel within 14 calendar days

Appointment required

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2023 at 10:45 AM, sun bum said:

Sailing from Ft Lauderdale closed loop.....San Juan, Tortorla and St Kitts 

You should be fine. Some countries require the 6 months or more before expiration. Australia is one, when we acquired the ESTA Visa online it specified the 6 months rule.

On 12/17/2023 at 11:08 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

It took 8 weeks this summer, and 2 weeks ago at the passport agency they had a November 2023 dated announcement from the Dept of State that the average wait right now is 10-13 weeks (not expedited).

On 12/17/2023 at 3:23 AM, crazyank said:

3-4 weeks is the average wait time now.

On 12/16/2023 at 2:16 PM, Yplr said:

Two weeks!!

I just received our kid's new passport! 2 weeks!!!!  Not expedited. 

Needless to say, I am shocked. We applied in person at the post office (since he is a minor) on Dec 9, and the new passport was issued Dec 18 (a week later). It has just arrived, making it 2 weeks from start to finish. Yay!  I was hoping for a January issue date, though, just in case we ever score a Christmas or NY cruise 5 years down the road on a short notice. But, hey, I am not complaining.