Sanctuary Bungalow Princess Cays

upsmanclt

The sanctuary bungalows are roped off from the rest of the bungalows.   There is no direct access to the water from this area - you will need to leave and walk a short distance to the beach.  The bungalow is air conditioned, and is a nice space to be able to leave your belongings.  We had someone occasionally check on us to see if we wanted drinks, but the walk to get your own drinks is a short one.  We did not have the catered lunch, but would do that when we booked again.  I enjoyed being away from crowds and just having a peaceful area to relax.  

IMG_0639.jpeg

IMG_0640.jpeg

IMG_0647.jpeg

IMG_0635.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@upsmanclt We did this last year as a party of four. This bungalow was perfect for 4 people and as @CATGUY7 said, it is air conditioned and a wonderful place to call a "home base". It is a bargain for 4 people ($150 per couple). We did the catered lunch and it was a big meal with a variety of good food, not the burgers, dogs, chicken and fries type of lunch served elsewhere on the island.

DW and I spent most of our day laying out, reading, and enjoying the day while our friends enjoyed kayaking and some other activities. It was a bummer that there was no close beach access but the quiet serenity was a good trade.

To anyone considering a bungalow, if you want direct beach access, I suggest getting the bungalow in the family area. The bungalows are no smaller in size than the ones in the Sanctuary but they are closer to all the action (so to speak). 

• Like 2

These photos were taken just before 11 am Sept 6, 2023. You should consider how much shade or sun you want. We received several waters, buckets of ice and we really liked having a little fridge. One of us brought a hammock and hung it between 2 palms. The floating loungers were nice. 

We enjoyed the ocean views and the easy water access so chose the area outside the sanctuary #8. It was close to the restroom but not so close we had all that traffic.  It had the perfect amount of shade for us. 
‘if you look at this map the bungalows start just to the left of Davy Jones locker. The first is number one. Just count them off to the left and you’ll know exactly which little rectangle is what number bungalow. I’ll try and post my pictures (I have a lot). But I’m on the Sapphire near Chile and I may not be able to. 

IMG_5315.jpeg