Early Disembarkation

GayCruise8

10 hours ago, GayCruise8 said:

Thank you all for all of your responses. I did just get a response from Celebrity stated that they have given permission from there onboard team and also sent an email stating so.

That is of course a good result for you. Make sure you print out that e-mail and bring it with you.

On 12/19/2023 at 3:44 PM, K32682 said:

Most major ports have local officers in place at all times. I will have already expressed my intention to the cruise line and should ship's security have "something to say" they can say it while I'm leaving the boat. I'm quite confident they will not prevent me from departing.  

This is something I just wouldn't count on.

A traveling companion and I asked for and received permission to depart our ship early in Athens' Piraeus port (during an overnight before end of voyage) in order to make a very early flight. Piraeus is a huge port, for reference.

When we departed the ship at 3am, the entire port was dark and there was no way to enter the terminal building. We had to walk around a great part of the fenced perimeter -- while dragging all our luggage -- to find an open and manned (by a single guard) gate that would allow us to exit the port. He, in turn, was not authorized to clear us so we had to wait for him to call someone and for them to come to the port to clear us.

Luckily there is little traffic on the roads at 4am. Kudos to our taxi driver who drove like a bat out of hell to get us to the Athens airport in time for our flight.

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1