Excursion missing?

skivoodoo

We booked our excursion before final payment was due for our January cruise. I wanted to read the description again, but it’s not showing at all in the excursions section. There are other excursions showing sold out but ours is just gone. Is that normal or is there a possibility of it having been canceled and we find out on board?

It doesn't sound normal, and it's never happened to me.  I have definitely seen sold out excursions still listed for my cruises.   It could be a website glitch. Check again in a day or so.

I would think that Carnival would notify you if it's been canceled and would have issued a credit to your credit card.  Have you checked for a credit on your credit card account?  

Do you see it in your "Booking and Order Summary"?  If it's there, and you just want to re-read the description, you should be able to get the description in the general section on Carnival's home page - Explore/Shore Excursions and then choose the port.   It won't have the times for your specific cruise, but the general description should be available for you to review. 

I hope you find an answer soon.  

Thank you both. It’s is still showing in my daily planner and have not received a refund, so hopefully all is well. I will call them to verify just in case. I’ll check back and report if Carnival tells me anything new.

2 hours ago, skivoodoo said:

We booked our excursion before final payment was due for our January cruise. I wanted to read the description again, but it’s not showing at all in the excursions section. There are other excursions showing sold out but ours is just gone. Is that normal or is there a possibility of it having been canceled and we find out on board?

We are on Freedom January 15 out of PC. You?

2 hours ago, skivoodoo said:

Yes! It feels like old school Florida there. Love the vibe!

Last January we had a cruise out of PC and unfortunately the Cocoa Beach pier was closed because of wind. We went to Fishlips for dinner which was fine but no Rikki Tiki😢 I hope the weather cooperates this January 🤞

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 5:06 PM, Joanne G. said:

It doesn't sound normal, and it's never happened to me.  I have definitely seen sold out excursions still listed for my cruises.   It could be a website glitch. Check again in a day or so.

I would think that Carnival would notify you if it's been canceled and would have issued a credit to your credit card.  Have you checked for a credit on your credit card account?  

Do you see it in your "Booking and Order Summary"?  If it's there, and you just want to re-read the description, you should be able to get the description in the general section on Carnival's home page - Explore/Shore Excursions and then choose the port.   It won't have the times for your specific cruise, but the general description should be available for you to review. 

I hope you find an answer soon.  

Well, it was officially canceled. Just got notice and will receive a refund. 

9 hours ago, skivoodoo said:

Well, it was officially canceled. Just got notice and will receive a refund. 

It's a shame that it took so long, but at least you know what's going on now.   Thanks for the update.  It helps other know what they might expect if they find themselves in the same situation.

• Like 1