Vibe Pass available on board? (Escape)

3kids1dog

This is a question that can be easily answered with a firm and clear - maybe. Many posters, myself included, report different experiences.  I have been told on both the Getaway and Encore that no Vibe passes are available onboard if the Vibe is “sold out” prior to departure.  Others report that an unknown number of passes are held for distribution onboard and have had success purchasing onboard. (For what its worth, I suspect they hold some passes for onboard purchase.)

If available, the passes have historically been available in the Headliners comedy club on Deck 6. I would encourage you to frequently check the Vibe availability status online.  People cancel for various reasons and passes may become available.  Otherwise, board early and head directly to Headliners with fingers crossed and hope in your heart. Good luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3kids1dog said:

We will be onboard the Escape is a few weeks. We didnt know about Vibe when we booked and passes are not available online. Does anyone know if they sell passes onboard? If so, where would we go to get them?

This was on the Joy, and this past June, so YMMV, but they did hold back a LIMITED amount of Vibe passes on board. By luck, our shuttle driver picked us up an hour early so we were at the cruise terminal and checked in when we got cleared for boarding.  I went straight to Teppenaki and got one of the 2 last Vibe passes they had on board. We boarded at 11:15, Vibe was sold out before noon. 

• Like 1

I was in the Escape last week and was one of the first groups to board (boarded at 9:50am). Went to Teppenyaki, Headliners, and finally Guest Services. Teppenyaki and Headliners were only doing dining reservations and GS didn't even look before saying "no", so... I'd guess you'll be out of luck. 

Edited by macewank

2 hours ago, 3kids1dog said:

We will be onboard the Escape is a few weeks. We didnt know about Vibe when we booked and passes are not available online. Does anyone know if they sell passes onboard? If so, where would we go to get them?

You are most likely out of luck... but if you are first on board and run to guest services you might have a chance

i don't think the availability of vibe passes onboard varies as much as the answers to this question do. 

there have been several recent threads which discuss and debate this topic ad nauseam, and i have participated in all of them, so i'll only say here that, as somebody who boarded the joy at 11:15 AM or so in october of this year in new york and then again at 11 AM or so in miami (on the second leg of a B2B), vibe passes were available... and there were quite a few, somewhere between 30 and 60, depending on how many were solo passes or double passes. the rep who sold it tio me said they always hold passes back for sale on embarkation day. 

• Like 2

Interesting.  I am on the Encore in February and I am amazed that the Vibe hasn't sold out yet.  I only ever got Vibe passes once by being in boarding group 2 and running (before they started pre-selling) and I only got a pass because he had two left and it was a group of three in front of me!  So now, I book the cruise, by the Vibe pass...and if it wasn't available, I would probably cancel and choose another date!  Maybe I should work with a PCC in the future!

2 hours ago, cmecruise1962 said:

Interesting.  I am on the Encore in February and I am amazed that the Vibe hasn't sold out yet.  I only ever got Vibe passes once by being in boarding group 2 and running (before they started pre-selling) and I only got a pass because he had two left and it was a group of three in front of me!  So now, I book the cruise, by the Vibe pass...and if it wasn't available, I would probably cancel and choose another date!  Maybe I should work with a PCC in the future!

Encore has a very big Vibe. 140ish passes. The Escape (and Bliss) are much smaller. 

• Like 1