Sunset Dinner in Victoria - Restaurant Recommendations Please

sjmbruce

The time in port isn't long and starts late: 7pm until midnight. I'm thinking it's safe to assume that 7:30-11pm will be the actual time spent on land. 

With time being short, I'm trying to plan a nice evening, maybe dinner with great views of the sunset.

Thoughts about this plan?

Any restaurant recommendations?

1 hour ago, sjmbruce said:

The time in port isn't long and starts late: 7pm until midnight. I'm thinking it's safe to assume that 7:30-11pm will be the actual time spent on land. 

With time being short, I'm trying to plan a nice evening, maybe dinner with great views of the sunset.

Thoughts about this plan?

Any restaurant recommendations?

Discounting the restaurant at Ogden Point, the closest restaurant with some views of the sunset would be the Blue Crab at the Coast Hotel. Haven't been for about 10 yrs, but when we had meetings at the Coast, the food used to be good, but it is pricey.

You may also want to consider one of the local pubs - The Irish Times and Bard & Banker are both downtown and have reasonable meals and great selection of beers. No sunset views from either of these options. Spinnakers is across the Johnson Street Bridge from downtown and is a brewpub with reasonable meals and great harbour views.

Wharf Street also has a number of restaurants, with the Keg being the only one I have tried.

The best local fish & chips at Fisherman's park, a short walk from Ogden Pt, probably closes at 19:00, but you also have Barbs down at Fisherman's Wharf. Food is OK, but not as good as the Finest at Sea Market & Food Truck.