Vapes, Singapore

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 12:02 PM, Calton said:

Hello.

I am a vaper and I know you cannot take your vape off the ship or into Singapore in your hand luggage.

I was wondering, would it be ok to take in your hold luggage for use on the ship?

I need to know this as well !

Did you find out ?

9 hours ago, paulatsea said:

I need to know this as well !

Did you find out ?

They are completely illegal in Singapore. You cannot bring any sort of vape into Singapore. If they catch you, it's a heavy fine of about a thousand pounds.

I'm trying to pack it in. Gone two days now. I'm very grumpy lol.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Calton said:

They are completely illegal in Singapore. You cannot bring any sort of vape into Singapore. If they catch you, it's a heavy fine of about a thousand pounds.

I'm trying to pack it in. Gone two days now. I'm very grumpy lol.

Bizarre rule - same for Thailand I think.

3 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Decided - I’m not going anywhere that bans vaping/e-cigs  - I use IQOS heated tobacco which is also banned - so sod em all !

Not having a go at you Paul but it’s amazing how a smoking habit can determine where you can / can’t go on holiday?
I smoked for fourty years and to be truthful I was in the same mindset.

I stopped ten years ago, Basically I needed an operation and they weren’t prepared to do it if I was still a smoker. These days I truly don’t even think about cigs. I just find it strange now how a habit can control a person.

Not judging you at all mate.

Keep well.😉

• Like 1

Also smoked for nigh on 5 decades but stopped over 10 years ago and have no issues mixing with smokers as it doesn,t bother me in the slightest.However I am a vaper so like paul wouldn,t go anywhere that bans it

Dont find it strange how a habit controls a person and surprised you B  having smoked for 40 years think that way.Every chance if you hadn,t required an op you would be still reekin like a lum 😅

Hope your well B

Edited by Jim The Scot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim The Scot said:

Also smoked for nigh on 5 decades but stopped over 10 years ago and have no issues mixing with smokers as it doesn,t bother me in the slightest.However I am a vaper so like paul wouldn,t go anywhere that bans it

Dont find it strange how a habit controls a person and surprised you B  having smoked for 40 years think that way.Every chance if you hadn,t required an op you would be still reekin like a lum 😅

Hope your well B

Hi Jim.

As you say other people smoking doesn’t bother me at all, each to their own.

And you are most probably right about my surgery trumping my smoking.😂

What I am saying as a non smoker is I now see how it affects decisions that people make.

We had a trip recently and shared a car to the docks with another couple, the gent was a smoker and after an hour and half into the journey he was getting proper edgy, When we stopped at the services he had a cigarette in his mouth before the car door was open.😄

I was probably that man ten years ago.🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway alls well here and hoping you and yours are all in good health.👍🏻

Belated Happy new year to you all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brummijam said:

Hi Jim.

As you say other people smoking doesn’t bother me at all, each to their own.

And you are most probably right about my surgery trumping my smoking.😂

What I am saying as a non smoker is I now see how it affects decisions that people make.

[b]had a trip recently and shared a car to the docks with another couple, the gent was a smoker and after an hour and half into the journey he was getting proper edgy, When we stopped at the services he had a cigarette in his mouth before the car door was open.😄

I was probably that man ten years ago[/B].🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway alls well here and hoping you and yours are all in good health.👍🏻

Belated Happy new year to you all.

Gotcha B,understand where your coming from regards seeing how it affects decision smokers make being a non smoker now

I was most defo that man ten plus years ago 😅

Yeah we are dinky doo B

Edited by Jim The Scot
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Not having a go at you Paul but it’s amazing how a smoking habit can determine where you can / can’t go on holiday?
I smoked for fourty years and to be truthful I was in the same mindset.

I stopped ten years ago, Basically I needed an operation and they weren’t prepared to do it if I was still a smoker. These days I truly don’t even think about cigs. I just find it strange now how a habit can control a person.

Not judging you at all mate.

Keep well.😉

You are right - it’s pathetic - but I am addicted ! 
At least I stopped smoking cigarettes.

Well done for kicking it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

You are right - it’s pathetic - but I am addicted ! 
At least I stopped smoking cigarettes.

Well done for kicking it.

Hi Paul.

l would never call anyone who smokes pathetic, it’s just a crazy thing how it gets a hold on us, Vapes are allegedly better for you than cigarettes so well done to you.👏🏻

Keep well mate.😉

• Thanks 1