Fitness Center Questions

LoveBora

I’m embarrassed to admit that in my decades of cruising I’ve never used the fitness center on any ship, or pretty much anywhere else. On the WC I might be inclined to use a stationary bike. What is the protocol for using the fitness center? Will I need to check in, wear gym clothes or can I wear casual daytime clothes? If the bikes are all in use, is there a sign-in sheet for use? Are the seats easy to adjust? I’m such a newbie for being so old. 

It’s super casual and please don’t worry at all. It’s yours to use - experience not required. As for your questions:

- nope, you don’t have to check in. 

- I’d be shocked if all the bikes were in use at once. Is it possible? Sure. Likely? No. 
- most wear some sort of athletic gear, but nobody is keeping score. Wear whatever you want. 
- seats are easy to adjust. But, you don’t need to guess or try to figure it out - I’d recommend asking for a bit of a tour and to familiarize yourself with the bikes. 

I wish we’d be able to join you on the WC and hope you have an incredible adventure. Let us know how things go - and don’t worry about a thing. 

Let me add to this.

I recommend arriving in your workout wear.  

They ask that everyone sign in when you enter the center.

Two types of bikes.

Stationary bikes. Like all equipment ideally people are asked to limit use for 30 minutes at a time unless someone is waiting.  Often they are not all in use. Sometimes they are.  It will vary by overall occupancy and time of day.

There are also indoor cycling bikes.  One can use them anytime and when there is not an indoor cycling class easy to use. For the classes sign up sheets are put out several days before the class.

Keith

@LoveBoraLooking forward to joining you on the world cruise. 

In my experience one can usually find some machines to work out on.  The exception to this is a class...any class.  Spin classes seem most popular and the attendees seem very fit.  You will need to sign up for the classes in advance.  Classes are free. 

Thanks everyone for your responses. I’ll be sure to avoid class time, definitely not my thing. 

History&Wine, I’m sure our paths will cross, especially at one of the WC events. Den and I are looking forward to meeting you. 

On 1/1/2024 at 11:36 AM, LoveBora said:

I’m embarrassed to admit that in my decades of cruising I’ve never used the fitness center on any ship, or pretty much anywhere else. On the WC I might be inclined to use a stationary bike. What is the protocol for using the fitness center? Will I need to check in, wear gym clothes or can I wear casual daytime clothes? If the bikes are all in use, is there a sign-in sheet for use? Are the seats easy to adjust? I’m such a newbie for being so old. 

To add to everyone, the fitness center is very casual.  The one caveat I would add thought is if you're using the stationary/indoor cycling bikes, I think you're supposed to wear sneakers or some kind of exercise shoes.  (The fitness directors sometimes ask me about my shoes when I'm on the bike.  Apparently, they're not used to seeing actual cycling shoes being used!  LOL).

• Like 1