questioning Discovery Window Suite

heatescapee

Despite searching , and not having cruised Princess in some years, I have a couple of questions re these Discovery Window Suites S107, S108: 1)Is there a window that opens for fresh air? 2)Is there some serious negative about these suites? It seems odd that these 2 cabins are still available despite the cruise we are considering being less than 6 months away. They have no balcony, but we find we rarely use balconies anyway, except for fresh air and photos. Many thanks for any available info. 

25 minutes ago, heatescapee said:

Thank you, Cruise Raider. I had hoped there would be a small window (unseen in photos) that might open. Maybe we'll book it anyway, the views look so inviting and unique. 

We booked a window suite a few times on the Grand.  I thought my DH would really miss having a balcony.  Once he got into that room, there was no chance of him missing anything.  We were really spoiled, as a matter of fact!  

• Like 3

Guest Snaxmuppet

We got upgraded to a Window Suite (from mini-suite) on our last cruise on Sky and we loved it. In fact, we loved the suite experience so much (our first) that we booked a Penthouse Suite for our next cruise in April.

Yes, it is right at the front but the views are superb looking forward and to the side. You miss nothing. It was a bit bumpy from time to time but we both don't mind that at all.

3 hours ago, heatescapee said:

Despite searching , and not having cruised Princess in some years, I have a couple of questions re these Discovery Window Suites S107, S108: 1)Is there a window that opens for fresh air? 2)Is there some serious negative about these suites? It seems odd that these 2 cabins are still available despite the cruise we are considering being less than 6 months away. They have no balcony, but we find we rarely use balconies anyway, except for fresh air and photos. Many thanks for any available info. 

There is a YouTube video of the suite on Sky Princess but I can’t get it to attach. Search the info in the photo and you should find it on YT.

IMG_4041.png

• Thanks 1

We have been in one of the massive Window Suites on the Sky Princess (S107) and loved it. The views are exceptional and the size of the room is incredible. In fact, we have S107 booked again for 2025 on the Sky Princess.There is no way to open a window however there is a open area/pool not far down the corridor. Just realize that on the newer ships (at least on the Sky Princess) the two available Window Suites are not identical. S108 is not as open as S107 due to the Premium Ocean View cabin next to S108 is an Accessible cabin so S108 is a different layout (I found this out by watching videos of the suites online).

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet

Also, just a comment on the windows. They are massive and if you don't have a balcony they are a great alternative. But one thing I noticed in ours was that the windows are slightly tinted blue. Not important when you are looking out with your eyes but it gives your pics a blue tint and you have to process them in a photo editor to return the colors back to normal. Not a big deal but worth knowing about.

1) Thank you tonit964, I didn't realize that this "Sky" cabin was essentially the same as the "Discovery" cabin, and the YouTube video you site is really nicely done. 

2) Thank you, too, Snaxmuppet, my DH does a lot of editing, I'm sure he won't mind fixing the blue! 

• Like 1

We had S107 on Discovery last month.  It was amazing.  The main drawback is being so far from many venues on the ship. Of course no balcony,  but as mentioned,  very close to outside areas. We used the front window area as a sunroom when we were pointing the right way.

20231129_154917.jpg

20231201_181426.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1