Travel insurance thru Detour Travel Ins

FYI, it appears that they are owned by Nationwide. The company answering questions here does not sell them, so I would not expect them to give you an answer. Here is a description of their focus from their website.

Detour is founded and operated by adventurers who live the lifestyle and understand the rewards and risks associated with experiential travel. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking at Detour, too. A third of the cost for other travel insurance. To be clear, it is Underwritten by Nationwide, not owned by Nationwide. But that's not a bad thing. If anyone has had Detour and filed a claim, I'd sure like to hear about it.

I haven't had the chance to use Detour Travel Insurance myself, but it's great that you found it offered through Square Mouth. Exploring different travel insurance options is a smart move to ensure you get the coverage that suits your needs best.

3 hours ago, heatherwillis said:

I haven't had the chance to use Detour Travel Insurance myself, but it's great that you found it offered through Square Mouth. Exploring different travel insurance options is a smart move to ensure you get the coverage that suits your needs best.

While you're at it, I'd also recommend taking a look at what Sagicor has to offer in terms of travel insurance. They have a reputation for providing comprehensive insurance services, and it's always good to compare different providers to make an informed decision. Travel insurance can be a real lifesaver in unexpected situations during your trips, so it's worth investing some time in finding the right one for you.

5 hours ago, recruiter 28 said:

We have a medical claim pending with Detour Travel Insurance

We are hoping they will pay for a visit to the medical center totalling $199.  

Would you please post again when you have completed the claim with Detour and let us know how it went. That would be amazing.

• Like 1