Work Computer Access with Anyconnect on Majestic Princess

DeanD

I have a coworker who is going to AK on the Majestic Princess in May.  Our work computers use a VPN with no ability to get past an initial splash screen to authenticate.  Does anyone have experience using Cisco Anyconnect on Princess with system that's almost completely locked down.  We are not allowed to access the system any other way.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

If you can't get to the splash screen to sign into the wifi, you aren't connecting. In addition, there's no guarantee the VPN will work.

Thanks.  Generally one can get to MOST initial splash screens, it's the ones that require an additional exchange to complete authentication that will be a problem.  If that doesn't work out there are 2 alternatives.  This is AK so he can use a wifi hot spot while in port assuming there is Verizon coverage plus I have a travel router I can lend him that he can connect and authenticate using his personal computer then connect his work computer to the travel router.  I just used the latter method on Celebrity, I didn't even fool with trying to connect directly so I don't have that experience to pull from plus it's a different company.  I was hoping someone had experience with AnyConnect on Princess to help him decide how to proceed.

Edited by DeanD