LIVE! HAL Oosterdam 1/7-1/29 South America & Antarctica—Let’s Cruise!

On top of spending the last week fighting a cold, I broke a tooth AND am swamped at work! I want to be back on the Oosterdam 😭

In any event, here is the next video in my Vlog series from the ship. This one coves Port Chacabuco, the Chilean Fjords and some of the ship life on the Oosterdam. Next installment will include Puerto Madryn and the Magellenic Penguin colony.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Hi everyone! Taking me awhile to complete the series of videos from this cruise, BUT they are very visually rich and I’ve wanted to do the cruise justice!  This one is about the penguins excursion to Isla Magdalena as well as 2 scenic cruising days—Chilean Fjords and Glaciers, plus the ship experience including dining and the expedition team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Remember the cruise I booked on board (from Rotterdam, to Iceland,  Norway—14 days actually 2 back-to backs?) for 2015.  I was so excited!

Got an email notice that this cruise has been cancelled.  HAL suggested the cruise after this one but I can’t do it due to a work conference I have to attend.  😭

Now looking at different itineraries. 

6 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Remember the cruise I booked on board (from Rotterdam, to Iceland,  Norway—14 days actually 2 back-to backs?) for 2015.  I was so excited!

Got an email notice that this cruise has been cancelled.  HAL suggested the cruise after this one but I can’t do it due to a work conference I have to attend.  😭

Now looking at different itineraries. 

Oh no! That bites. I hope you find some equally attractive and exciting. 

BTW when I've had that happen HAL let us keep all the perks and OBC (the "extras") so long as we rebooked in a certain time frame. You may want to ask, if you haven't already.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo,  sorry to bother you but we are considering the same cruise for 2025  My question is, do they offer duplicate bridge aboard ? As its a long cruise I thought they might, but it will be a deal breaker if they don't  

@burfiesSorry, I don’t play bridge so I don’t know how duplicate bridge differs from the bridge offered on board.  There was bridge most days including all sea and scenic cruising days.  However, if you join your Roll Call, I feel confident you will find others who play.  There was a large group of bridge players on my cruise.

• Like 1